Do you need a high speed HDMI for dolby atmos?

C

cameron paterson

Full Audioholic
Ratings
9 7 1
Is it important to have a high speed hdmi cable especially if youre using dolby atmos?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
4,184 16 37
More about the video than the audio, and what your requirements for video are. I wouldn't buy anything less than a high speed hdmi cable in any case....

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Ratings
Are monoprices high speed hdmi cables ok?
Yup. They're pretty great overall. About as high of quality as anything else out there. Amazon Basics cables are also good. No need to spend the $$$ on AudioQuest, Monster, or any of the other pretty cables they carry at the big box stores. FWIW, Monoprice does carry some fancy, pretty cables too, but they're well priced so worth it. My favorite cables overall though are the Binary brand cables (SnapAV) you can get from your local integrators. They're not as cheap as Monoprice, but their quality is great and all I'll use for professional installs now. Primarily due to the little prongs they have on the head so they don't walk themselves back out of ports. Either way, you usually can't go wrong with Monoprice cables.

C

cameron paterson

Full Audioholic
Ratings
9 7 1
Ya my entertainment center is just off to the side of the projector by the wall. My room is only 12' wide.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis