Do we have any Lawyers on here?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Wow Greg. I've been so caught up in my own cr@p I missed this whole ordeal you are going through. Good luck everything. Just wish you were closer and that I could help in some way. The new opportunity does seem exciting and I hope they can find a way to get you in quickly. Take care.
Not a problem buddy.

It will all work out, I haven't been too worried about it the last two days.

I think it's time to get out of the traditional medical sales that I have always done and head in a different direction.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This is why I save money. My company is like a roller coaster. It pays great and the work environment is wonderful, but it keeps me on my toes.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The closing of my company was pushed back to the 13th of this month so that helps a little.

Key people are finally back in office after the holidays so I was able to get some interviews set up. I have been on two so far and have two more set up.

One of the ones I interviewed at ended up going in a whole different direction. It was with a similar Medical company, like I am with now and after my interview the manager asked if I could hold on and walked out of the room. Thirty minutes later the owner of the company came in and asked if he could speak with me.

We ran through all the details of who I am again and then he said that he had no interest in hiring me as a Medical Sales Rep.

One thing you never do is tell a top rep in his field, is that he is not wanted so I let him have it. I threw out the number of sells that his reps have in each account I share with them and compared it to my production.

I showed him proof that I was producing the equal to two of his reps and I was starting to get fired up and really go to town. He then said hold on...hold on....I have no doubt that you would be my best rep but I have bigger plans than that.

He then told me of a second company is is opening and asked me if I could roll it out for him at a national level. We spoke for a couple of hours and we both seem pretty excited about it.

The only issue is that it's still a little ways into the future and I need a job within a month or so. We are exploring ways to get me in the door early but we really have to wait and see as he is not finished with his fund raising yet.

Regardless guys, please keep me in your prayers. I will continue on with my other interviews and try my best to land the right job.
Well, it looks like I will accept this position today as a National Corporate Account Manager. I really wanted to be done with traveling but the package offer is just pretty much impossible for me to turn down. He bumped my start date up to Feb 3rd plus my current company keeps pushing the close date back and now it's supposed to be the week of Jan 20th. I am starting to love free money.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Good for you and congrats on the new position. (not that position Adam) So when is your first trip up North?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Do you need a clerk for anything? I can type stuff and email stuff for ya :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
congrats on the job. I just hired 2 techs, one was out of work for almost 2 years and the other for over 6 months, temporary positions {how I start everybody} but they were both very happy to get the work.... Its cold out there, thats for sure.. But anyway good stuff, and good luck...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Congrats! It seems my company is spinning off the new products and I'm going to be left with the old ones.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congrats, Greg! You should teach a seminar on how to get free money. I'd pay to attend.

Wait a second...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
:D[/QUOTE]

Congrats, Greg! You should teach a seminar on how to get free money. I'd pay to attend.

Wait a second...
I get lucky a lot for some reason. I actually got a raise yesterday from the new company. I was just being lazy and hadn't sent him the acceptance letter yet. He called me at noon and said he would raise my base by ()k if I would just sign on so I said sure, give me 10 minutes and...done...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So my doorbell rings yesterday and it is FedEx with an envelope.

I open it and there is a separation agreement and a check for $15,000 available if I sign the agreement within 45 days. It is with my lawyer right now but it basically just states that they will pay me if I agree not to slander the company.

There was never any talk around a severance package but I guess I got one anyway.

I am starting to see why they closed their doors...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Tell them I'll be expecting my $15,000 and I won't slander them either :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it looks like I will accept this position today as a National Corporate Account Manager. I really wanted to be done with traveling but the package offer is just pretty much impossible for me to turn down. He bumped my start date up to Feb 3rd plus my current company keeps pushing the close date back and now it's supposed to be the week of Jan 20th. I am starting to love free money.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys!!!!!
I really thought this was the stage of my life where I just skated along and hid within a company for my final years as an employee but it seems the past 5 years have been really unstable for me. I mean, financially, it's been great but I sure have had to change jobs a lot.

So...the company that was my tightest competitor in the medical market has had a headhunter on my every since I took the new job. I told them numerous times that I had a great job that I am happy with and I had no interest in them.

They finally wore me down and I agreed to meet with them, which occurred 3 weeks ago. They offered me an increase of $80,000/yr if I would take over all of my old accounts. These are accounts. I have a strong and established history with and it would take very little work to get them to move to this company once they know I work there. There is zero travel and my office would be 3 miles from my house.

This company has been around for 30+ years and has a strong presence and at this stage of my life, there is no way I can turn down that kind of increase. I accepted the position yesterday and start on Monday. I was let go from my current(former, now?) company about 9 seconds into telling them what I was about to do.

So much for stability......

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis