Do we have any Lawyers on here?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That was you:eek: Seriously I drive by the bike trails of the Oakmont Park 3 times a day normally. I've come close a couple times.
Ha, we normally ride from Benbrook to Aledo using 820-Aledo rd.-to-Kelly-377-Lakeside-then through Benbrook lake and back up to Winscott. That's a nice 32 mile ride with not too bad of traffic.

I hate riding on Trinity Trails or any other Muts.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So quick up date on new job if anyone cares.

I am half way through my 3rd month there and things are going better than expected.

My first month I was the number 2 DFW rep.(8 reps)

My second month I was number 1 in the region(30 reps)

I have already hit quota this month but it's been a little slow this week. I actually skipped work yesterday and went mountain biking at my boss's demand.

We started biking together every Tuesday around 3 pm. The second we hit the trail my phone starts blowing up with orders so when I'm slow, he tells me to go bike. I didn't get any orders yesterday but they started at 7 am this morning. I had 9 sales by noon which would be a pretty good week much less a pretty good day.

I am not very popular with the other local reps as 2 of them have been fired since I started for poor performance. They had both been there for a couple of years and I blew them out on my first month. All the local reps average around 20 sales/mo and last month I had 63.

It seems like I came in and hit for the fences and connected a lot but things just kind of fell in place for me. I had been working on this huge account for the past 5 years and just converted them last month so that has helped a lot.

My non-compete expires in 32 days and I haven't heard a word from my former company.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I sure wish you sold software. Our company keeps missing on sales people. I may be looking for another position soon if things don't improve.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I sure wish you sold software. Our company keeps missing on sales people. I may be looking for another position soon if things don't improve.
Yeah...you really want me talking about software and computer stuff...:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
"Hey, you got computers? We got software for them computers. Will that be cash or check?"

When do I start?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
"Hey, you got computers? We got software for them computers. Will that be cash or check?"

When do I start?
Sales is about that easy...lol...

It's funny that I picked sales for a living as I am not very social and I am not a very good speaker.

Most of my colleagues are younger, good looking and speak great.

I found my nitch by blowing everyone away on my follow up and knowing every little detail about ever order I process. I also have great relationships with all my doctor's but that took along time.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Are you freaking kidding me?

So this "new" job has been working out great and I have been the leading rep, in the Nation, for the past 7 months.

I have loved the position and the company and this has been my highest earning year ever.

So a couple of months ago, my Manager calls me in and describes the change to our commission plan. Right out of the gate, it cuts me by almost $25,000/yr. I keep a calm head, write up a nice rebuttal and 4 days later I get an email from Corporate telling me they have two VP's coming in to talk to me the following week.

Our meeting goes great and I walk out of there with a check for $25,000 with an understanding that I will stay for the next 6 months and change my focus to a new product line(nothing in writing). Everything is grand again and I don't think to much about it.

Last week, I get another call from my Manager and he wants to meet with me. This time he tells me that we are closing our sleep program which is what I specialize in. Right out of the gate, this would cut me by $40,000 without factoring growth. The closing of this program occurred 4 days later.

I kept calm and asked to meet with corporate again and so far nothing. He says that he is fighting for all of his reps but that he is getting nowhere. He also stated that his manager seems as frustrated as we all do.

So yesterday we get a strange corporate email that the CEO and COO are stepping down and they will update us with more information as it becomes available.

This is pure speculation but to me, it looks like the doors are closing. If it was an acquisition or they were going public, I don’t think they would be making changes that will cause the reps to lose their accounts, which is what is happening right now.

I am way too old for this BS again…

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How's the old company that you bailed on doing? :p

Seriously, though - best of luck, man.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
They are actually struggling, the market is just crap with all the government reimbursement cuts.

It's kind of funny, the manager from that job calls me and texts me about twice a week. He wants to have lunch after the holidays. I would never work for them again though.
How's the old company that you bailed on doing? :p

Seriously, though - best of luck, man.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I received the official word last night. The doors are closing on Jan 8th. Management wasn't suppose to tell anyone until the 7th but my manager went ahead and gave me a heads up.

Merry freaking Christmas.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to hear that, man. You had a good run, though, and even got a $25k check recently (which for me would be huge :)). Best of luck finding something else that you like as much. Do you have any prospects?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear that, man. You had a good run, though, and even got a $25k check recently (which for me would be huge :)). Best of luck finding something else that you like as much. Do you have any prospects?
Thanks man, I am still in denial but I am sure I will find something pretty quickly. Nothing will happen until after the 1st as all books are closed this year.

Medical is so unstable now so I may try to get out of it. I think I am going to try to get into Energy Sales(oil and gas) and see if I can grab some of that "big money" before it ends. It scares me though because all I have ever done has been medical.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to hear that, nice of the mngr to give you a head start, albeit bad timing with the holidays, good luck with the hunt...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
that blows. one of my friends is in energy sales. works for reliant down in houston. she makes something like 3x as much money than i do. check it out :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to hear this Greg. Sales has always been a volatile gig. Merry Friggin' Christmas is right.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The closing of my company was pushed back to the 13th of this month so that helps a little.

Key people are finally back in office after the holidays so I was able to get some interviews set up. I have been on two so far and have two more set up.

One of the ones I interviewed at ended up going in a whole different direction. It was with a similar Medical company, like I am with now and after my interview the manager asked if I could hold on and walked out of the room. Thirty minutes later the owner of the company came in and asked if he could speak with me.

We ran through all the details of who I am again and then he said that he had no interest in hiring me as a Medical Sales Rep.

One thing you never do is tell a top rep in his field, is that he is not wanted so I let him have it. I threw out the number of sells that his reps have in each account I share with them and compared it to my production.

I showed him proof that I was producing the equal to two of his reps and I was starting to get fired up and really go to town. He then said hold on...hold on....I have no doubt that you would be my best rep but I have bigger plans than that.

He then told me of a second company is is opening and asked me if I could roll it out for him at a national level. We spoke for a couple of hours and we both seem pretty excited about it.

The only issue is that it's still a little ways into the future and I need a job within a month or so. We are exploring ways to get me in the door early but we really have to wait and see as he is not finished with his fund raising yet.

Regardless guys, please keep me in your prayers. I will continue on with my other interviews and try my best to land the right job.

Last edited by a moderator:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Wow Greg. I've been so caught up in my own cr@p I missed this whole ordeal you are going through. Good luck everything. Just wish you were closer and that I could help in some way. The new opportunity does seem exciting and I hope they can find a way to get you in quickly. Take care.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis