Do we have any Lawyers on here?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
An increase of 80k is quite nice! :) Tell them to hire me to do clerk stuff if the money and benefits are good >_>

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
An increase of 80k is quite nice! :) Tell them to hire me to do clerk stuff if the money and benefits are good >_>
lol...I will have to get more staff but it will be in the realm of CSRs with a lot of medical background.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I go to the doctor often, does that count? :D

Just joking of course. I actually don't mind my job. It's really close to home, so my commute is usually great. I just wish they paid me more and had much better benefits :(

I'm sure you'll do great in the new position. Hopefully you like it and actually stick around for more than a few months this time.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm looking into adding cycling into my exercise routine. I get a 500 dollar credit from my current employer for a bike. Never rode a bike before so not sure what to look for. Congrats on the new job.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
We may have discussed this before but have you ever tried the Glenlivet Nadurra 16 year old non-chill-filtered scotch? I'm having one now and it is so good.

I've had that bottle before, very good stuff. Currently have these at home at the moment.

http://ard-shop-media.s3.amazonaws.com/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/file_7.jpg

http://cdn2.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/p-1987/glenfiddich/glenfiddich-millennium-vintage-2012-whisky.jpg

SheepStar

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm looking into adding cycling into my exercise routine. I get a 500 dollar credit from my current employer for a bike. Never rode a bike before so not sure what to look for. Congrats on the new job.
That's cool that your employer contributes to a wellness program but allowing $500 towards a bike. Too bad you don't already have it as tomorrow is the one and only chance to ride the Chisholm Trail before it's opened to cars on Sunday. No spots left now as they only opened up 5,000 spots and they sold out quickly.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I wish the Chisholm Trail Parkway connected directly to 35 rather than 30, but I'll drive down it one of these days.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That's cool that your employer contributes to a wellness program but allowing $500 towards a bike. Too bad you don't already have it as tomorrow is the one and only chance to ride the Chisholm Trail before it's opened to cars on Sunday. No spots left now as they only opened up 5,000 spots and they sold out quickly.
My wife is running down it. I've heard the toll gates will photograph you.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I wish the Chisholm Trail Parkway connected directly to 35 rather than 30, but I'll drive down it one of these days.
I wish it went to 121. That would make traffic much better. But it really will help the Hulen area.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, connecting to 121 would be great too. All this construction is a nightmare though. I can't wait for the North Tarrant Express and 35W expansion project to be complete. I'm still pissed that they aren't adding any additional free lanes, but I'll definitely be using the tolls.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
For this, I think you should talk to a real lawyer - on the clock.

I wouldn't want advice from some guy on the internet who pretends to be a lawyer, or even worse, some guy who really is a lawyer, but who wastes his time here on AH :rolleyes:.

It's always nice to be wanted :). I hope it works out.
That shouldn't cost him a ton...I would spend an hour to know my options....

Generally speaking attorneys are not highly thought of unless you need one I guess.

We bought a shoulder surgery and a knee surgery this year via workcomp claims to hungry lawyers that speak spanish.

In both cases they were pre existing injuries, but the work comp laws in many states were typically shaped or written by prosecuting lawyers that ended up on the insurance panel...i.e. they heavily favor the employee, and these sharks are preying on these laborers for a short term gain in construction.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That shouldn't cost him a ton...I would spend an hour to know my options....

Generally speaking attorneys are not highly thought of unless you need one I guess.

We bought a shoulder surgery and a knee surgery this year via workcomp claims to hungry lawyers that speak spanish.

In both cases they were pre existing injuries, but the work comp laws in many states were typically shaped or written by prosecuting lawyers that ended up on the insurance panel...i.e. they heavily favor the employee, and these sharks are preying on these laborers for a short term gain in construction.
cough...look at the date of the post above yours...cough

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I am not a lawyer but I've had a little experience with noncompetes. Please DO NOT mistake this for real legal advice. The name issue on the form you signed may get you off the hook but it depends on whose lawyer is better or how the judge feels that day, hard to say for me. Some lawyers would promise to get you off the hook just so they can bill you. As far as the noncompete, it probably varies by state and what it says, but if they can't prove you are taking clients with you or hurting their bottom line, they don't have much of case. Agree with Swerd. See a good lawyer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis