DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Wow.

There was bingo and I effing missed it???

Bingo was Monday
Tuesday was Twister
Wednesday was Raffles
Thursday was pre-pays
Friday was group choice

It was like a con carnival. Can I coin the word "conival"?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
When did the PD start contacting victims in the raffle? You'd think one of them would have given Shifty a heads up.... Did he just ignore the writing on the wall or did he contact his lawyer.

I'm just surprised that he wasn't more prepared for this, that av666 didn't have some sort of strategy for dealing with the pr nightmare, and that he wasn't more proactive about making amends prior to having hand cuffs on etc.
It was in the later part of last year. He never saw it coming in the beginning and that makes it especially sweet. A fair amount of care and diligence took place on just who to contact. Friendlies had to be identified from those who were victims but still crawling up either Shifty's butt or his erstwhile friend who would give Shifty a heads-up on what was going on. I recommended that certain people not be contacted under any circumstances.

how things have progressed.

Do I get points for being the first to contact the AG? :)
Sure. I'll give you some AV451 reputation points. Bon appetit! Do I get points for contacting the Feds or do I have to wait till something happens along those lines?

Sweet, I've now graduated up to a lifetime ban on TCA...

What ever will I do with myself? I can't hang out at the most open and uncensored forum on the internet. :rolleyes:

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that TCA and AV123 are both banning people for the same thing... ;)
Be strong.

Tex, a Message from Craig.....

"point out to Tex Amp that the mods are AH won't allow me to post there, but that he is welcome to come here and ask all the questions he wants in open forum.

I will give him his own thread, and there will be no moderating of the thread."
LOL!!! You know, there's been a lot of folks who knew Shifty and some of them were and are manufacturers. Just about everyone, if asked, have issued very short statements or comments about things. But there is one man who has stood tall and gotten right into the fray of things. He calls himself a competitor and a manufacturer and is out there slogging it with the peons. Good PR move for your business :D

I've thought about this as well and I really don't know. Your right though, there seems to be a large amount in pre-pays (just in the RSL-II) at what $5k a pop?
6K as I recall. Website's almost done. It's going to be a doozy.
and that's why i'm asking if there's really proof he's behind bars.

unless your country is SO COOL you have internets in jail.
I think they prefer to call them clients or guests who are residing for an interminable length of time. Wait, wait! I can hear it here! "Hey, Shifty, pick up that bar of soap over there."

aren't mug shots public? or are all those leaks? :D
Yes they are. I've requested those.

Bingo was Monday
Tuesday was Twister
Wednesday was Raffles
Thursday was pre-pays
Friday was group choice

It was like a con carnival. Can I coin the word "conival"?
Jed, that is so, so, phucking funny! Don't forget be nice to our Russian friends night!

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
It's OK Now Kids

You can come out from under your desks. Your lunch money is safe. He's behind bars now.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
holy crap 'he' is!!

The prodigal son returns!
I'm sure it's just someone using his account to drop the banhammer on anyone daring to discuss or inform others of his trip to jail. I have some guesses as to who it might be. :D

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
On the surface at least, it sure looks like there was a lot more going on than just that. The use of the pre-pays in a Ponzi-like scheme comes to mind. The victims of this scam are out a lot more money per person than the participants in the phony charity raffles. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the money owed to these people is far larger than that listed in the charity fraud indictment. Does anybody know if the authorities are pursuing that angle? It does seem much harder to prove, especially if the victims don't come forward.
I'm sure that is much harder to prove due to intent. You'd have to prove that he knew he wasn't going to make the speakers when he offered the speakers collected the money.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
He's still on the roster for 3/2

Maybe he can now honestly say humbly and that he's bending over backwards for his costumers.

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
I heard the first product he's going to produce when he gets out of the pokey will the called the X-CUSE. Should be a killer product. Pre-pays starting now. When contacted at the Boulder County Jail and asked when we could expect the X-CUSE to hit the market, MLS simply said, and I quote, "My butt hurts."

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
Here's the daily roster of people in the Boulder County Jail for 3/1/2010 - of course this just means he was there this morning and could have been released - a check tomorrow would let you know if he's still there.

bouldercounty.org/sheriff/jail/jail_listing/viewfile.asp?fileid=956

(I can't post a link, so you'll have to paste into your browser)

On Page 166.

Jim C
Page 169 this morning. Still no plea?

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
Think he'll be arraigned today?

edit: m-fine in before me. Good question, though. Figured it would have been yesterday.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure MLS enjoys his new small "undecorated apartment" :rolleyes:

In this world, quite often people get what they deserve in the end

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
One you will never see is the X-PLANATION, it was superceded by the X-CUSE years ago.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Also, I would have thought that Dane and Mac would have taken out 2nd mortgages on their homes to assist with the bail? I guess not, though.
I wonder where Buzz is in all of this? ;)

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
How about we all get together and do something nice for MLS. How about we send him a cake with a file? :D

S

silverbullet

Audioholic Intern
Btw i should note for full disclosure that I am back to being perma banned from av123 forums, this time they say i am no longer welcome back.. *shrug*

Matt
So did you get your replacement amp yet?lol Don't piss them off too much before you get your goods...

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Speaking of replacement amps check this one out.

I requested a replacement amp for my MFW before the "Great Chinese Black Market Part" debacle. So I get another black market amp...great. This is of course around the time of my mass exodus out of there so I never kept up with the fact that there was a replacement made with what I assume is "white market" parts.

Sooooo after spending 14mo waiting for UFW-12HR parts for a sub that I SOLD in Sept. 08 I went back on the forum to complain about that and noticed there were new amps for MFWs. So in my complaint I asked about when I would get one of those because they claimed everyone that needed one was taken care of.

Mark replied wth "Well do you have a warranty claim in? If not then you will not get one."

A selective recall...nice. OK we admit our amps suck and might just self destruct BUT if yours has not go ahead and keep it.

On a side note the HR UFW12 was FINALLY delivered on Feb 26, 2010 after being purchased on Sept 26 of 2008. With a turnaround like that it is really hard to believe this company had financial issues.

Delivered to the guy who bought it the kit actually showed up near the end of Jan.

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
BTW, stay tuned later today or tomorrow. I'm going to take some posts that were made in the deleted threads from various folks and comment on them and shed a little more light on the stories that were being told by the Shift-meister and what the deal is.
We still want to know, as Paul Harvey calls it, the rest of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis