DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
What I'm wondering, does anyone know who these "certain people" are/were and how he could possibly try and flip this and play the victim? I'm sure he was referring to Chu and perhaps The Ninja, but what the heck does he mean by implying "they will get theirs"? Is he trying to pull the libel card or claim lost revenue because they were speaking the truth? I don't see what he could possibly stand to gain by trying to deflect the attention off himself, where the focus belongs.
For years, whenever there was a particularly troublesome person on the forums or elsewhere complaining that he did this or that, he'd say cryptic things about what the IP records revealed, or that he knows who the person really was and that he'd say more when he could. It's not just the serious allegations, but even disgruntled customers who were mad about a bad experience. I think it's less scare tactic than just an attempt to discredit his accusers.

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
The cavalier attitude seems one of the more bizarre aspects of the whole thing as it went along, that MLS seemed to pick causes that could easily report his fraud - i.e, people who were in direct contact with the contributors. It almost seems like there was a gambling aspect with regards to getting caught.

I suppose familiar recipients also generated the strongest donations, but it doesn't make a lot of sense from a premeditated criminal intent point of view.

Jim C
Very true. Most of the charities never knew about the raffles, so it's understandable why some would never question where the money went, but forum members? I think it may have been the raffles for Hugh's friend and for Derek Wayland that really started to unravel the whole thing. I mean, if the intended recipient is somebody that multiple forum members talk to regularly, how is that not going to eventually come out? Even when people became aware of that, they wanted to believe those were the only two raffles that it happened with, though. Seriously? The only two that are easily verifiable are the only two that he stole from? Come on.

Also, as mentioned previously, Mark's admission to "underfunding" those two raffles are likely to be his undoing in court. ESPECIALLY since he held ANOTHER raffle for Derek when the first was still "underfunded." Hard not to get him on intent there.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
"Certain people" had it out for him and he "knew exactly who they were" and more or less said they would "get theirs in the end." He did admit to the "underfunding" and was very apologetic and reassuring that it was all but cleared up. I had no idea he had lined his pockets with nearly $200k either. Of course he downplayed everything as I figured he would.
I traded a bunch of emails with him after I was banned from AV123, and there were plenty of promises of progress on the raffles. Friday has the distinction of being the first time I saw any proof of actual progress, though.

What I'm wondering, does anyone know who these "certain people" are/were and how he could possibly try and flip this and play the victim? I'm sure he was referring to Chu and perhaps The Ninja, but what the heck does he mean by implying "they will get theirs"? Is he trying to pull the libel card or claim lost revenue because they were speaking the truth? I don't see what he could possibly stand to gain by trying to deflect the attention off himself, where the focus belongs.
I remarked on this in the past - one of Mark's favored techniques when dealing with inconvenient posts from inconvenient people was to hint at lies created with devious intent. He'd suggest that the IP address logs revealed amazing and very disturbing things about unnamed posters. Whether he meant that they were accounts run by competitors trying to discredit him or perhaps an army of Warsaw Pact techno-warriors bent on re-starting the Cold War was never specified, and the individual posters involved were never identified. There was even some of that "certain people" and "they will get theirs" language in his final post in my (now long deleted) "Open for Interpretation" thread at AV123. It sounded menacing and ominous, didn't it? I think that was all a smoke screen. If he didn't say something like that, it would suggest that the full magnitude of the problem was as bad as it was being portrayed (or even worse, which seems to have been the case). And since it was all a fabrication, it was best to be very vague. By making that threatening comment, it suggested that somebody else was the real bad guy and he was still a good guy - guilty of a little mistake in judgment, but determined to make it right and avenge himself against the true villain. And, frankly, it worked for him for a long time.

In our communications, Mark was quick to find ways to speak ill of others. I never tried to get information from him about The Ninja - I didn't have any interest in what lies he might offer there - but I did ask about Ruben. From his disjointed and somewhat varied series of responses, I estimate that there's about 10% accuracy and 90% manipulation or deception in his answers.
My hats off to Chu and everyone else (including this site and the mods) who helped make this happen! I hope for swift justice, whatever that may be.
There was a lot that had to go on in the background - among members of various forums, with charities, with the lead police detective, and with the other authorities. It's disgusting that the effort had to be made, but I'm still glad to see that all the effort is paying off.

B

Bugbitten

Audioholic
he should spend some time in prison. What else is a suitable punishment? Restitution and community service? Not severe enough IMO.
Don't be surprised if R & CS is the end result of all this.

In a fraud case I was involved in, a CPA stole from his church, Habitat and 2 other entities. The guy went hat in hand to the judge, pleaded no contest (with a deal worked out with prosecutors) and got just that. He lost his CPA license for 5 years and is still making payments to the offended 9 years later. The only time spent in jail was after his arrest until bail the next Monday. They did not take his house, autos or other. He did not make any lump sum payments because he and his wife had spent all the money. He ended up getting divorced and moving out of town. If he fails to make restitution he goes to jail.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Don't be surprised if R & CS is the end result of all this.

In a fraud case I was involved in, a CPA stole from his church, Habitat and 2 other entities. The guy went hat in hand to the judge, pleaded no contest (with a deal worked out with prosecutors) and got just that. He lost his CPA license for 5 years and is still making payments to the offended 9 years later. The only time spent in jail was after his arrest until bail the next Monday. They did not take his house, autos or other. He did not make any lump sum payments because he and his wife had spent all the money. He ended up getting divorced and moving out of town. If he fails to make restitution he goes to jail.
I know a gentleman who was guilty of stealing from his church (he was an asst. pastor). He went to Levenworth Federal Prison for a few months. I visited that jail when I was in college and took a crminology class. Not somewhere that I would want to spend 10 seconds as an inmate.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
LOL!!! I hope not. You don't phuck with the Red Cross. That's one of the few organizations in this country that is also subject to Federal prosecution.

BTW, stay tuned later today or tomorrow. I'm going to take some posts that were made in the deleted threads from various folks and comment on them and shed a little more light on the stories that were being told by the Shift-meister and what the deal is.

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
Has there been any comment from the company yet??

Has anybody called to talk to them?

I mentioned it in passing while talking to kyle this morning (about getting my P.O.S. MFW fixed) and he said that he couldn't comment on things.. I just wanted my mfw driver and didn't want to tick the guy off...

But I would like to know what if anything they have said??

I plan on calling in a bit later and asking myself.. But I got things I am working on right now and can't be tied up on the phone..

Matt

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
Interesting.... A forum search shows Kyle's last post as 02-18-10, 05:53 PM. That was more than a week before Marks arrest. Quite ironic for a person who said he wasn't going to delete anything.

Link

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
I wouldn't be surprised if this thing doesn't blow up like an MFW-15 amp.

Tip of the iceberg I bet....the MLS Titanic has depths to sink that we never imagined.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Hey Bill. Are you still selling pre-amps? Haven't seen you around much...you must have found a real life.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I wouldn't be surprised if this thing doesn't blow up like an MFW-15 amp.

Tip of the iceberg I bet....the MLS Titanic has depths to sink that we never imagined.
Correct. I'd be willing to wager that VA321 will keep various investigators employed for quite a while.

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
Well my thread asking about comment from the company was deleted...

Not a surprise.. lasted for about an hour and a half...

Gonna call the company now and see whats what...

Matt

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Gonna call the company now and see whats what...
My guess is they'll either try to claim that was MLS's personal business and they can't comment on it, or they can't comment on ongoing legal matters (assuming you get more than a "no comment" from them).

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
My guess is they'll either try to claim that was MLS's personal business and they can't comment on it, or they can't comment on ongoing legal matters (assuming you get more than a "no comment" from them).
yeppers..

Nothing... susan didnt know.. (or wouldn't say, im sure there are those that will speculate this)... At least she was polite :)

Matt

S

silverbullet

Audioholic Intern
1 more

I guess I need one more post in oder to submit a link...so this is my extra worthless post to meet the quota.:rolleyes:

Matt34

Matt34

Ridiculous, someone should PM him this link.

Edit: I couldn't stand by and watch, PM sent.

Last edited:
S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
Ridiculous, someone should PM him this link.

Edit: I couldn't stand by and watch, PM sent.
whoops.. me too.. lol

Two Matt's PM'ing him... lol

I wonder what he will think hahahaha

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis