DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
A call was made to the Boulder County Jail which has said that bail has been set at $500,000. It can be provided by a bail bondsman subject to their individual policy (10% or whatever). Bail has not been met and Schifter remains behind bars as of now.
Next on Dog, the bounty hunter: "All right watch out guys, this guy Schifty skipped on a 500000$ bail, he's ripped off more than 700 people in charity frauds, he's as bad as they get, let's get this motherf****!" :D

the grunt

the grunt

Audioholic
That’s got to be a joke? But then again . . . .

On a side note I just noticed that 12 of the 34 active threads at AV123 today are all in the classifieds section. Never seen that many at one time before. Might be some good deals coming up. Never know they could come in hand for replacement parts if nothing else.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
is he really behind bars? or in the hospital "recuperating"?

S

Steve_vai_rules

Audioholic Intern
All threads about the matter have been removed from the av123 forums... Kyle said they wouldn't be deleted.. That has proven to be false thus far.. My ban was lifted for posting about the subject.. But as of right now there is almost no mention of it on the site.. there are a couple posts referencing some stuff that has happened....

Matt

quadriverfalls

quadriverfalls

Banned
All threads about the matter have been removed from the av123 forums... Kyle said they wouldn't be deleted.. That has proven to be false thus far.. My ban was lifted for posting about the subject.. But as of right now there is almost no mention of it on the site.. there are a couple posts referencing some stuff that has happened....

Matt
Yeah.... even my thread has now been deleted. And all I was doing was saying goodbye to some of the "really old" forum members like me.

Sad indeed

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, you're right. There's always someone who believes in you, no matter what. Usually, that's a family member of some kind.
The one that believes is usually the Bail Bondsman, lol..

He sits in jail as he should and will be surely ordered to return many dollar amounts or forward to the original charities in question , but then what does this character deserve a chance to ever redeem himself, would people buy goods if the company were run by an outsider, what should happen to him really, in the real world, do we has audio/video geeks want the guy behind bars or would everyone be better served if he could manage to some how some way get his shite together and be a functioning operation again in a dysfunctional sort of way.I would like to see people like him pay for their crimes and be punished as just fit the crime but I hate to see any one person sitting behind bars for these types of crimes make him pay by all means and find a better more appropriate punishment that will suit all.

Please do not take my post as some defense of this guy I am just curious as to peoples thoughts on punishment, I just think there are better choices than prison in some instances, sawz..

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I got this impression of him over the phone. He was pretty pissed when I bought the sub from Suzanne instead of him, and even more so when Kyle compensated me for my time spent fixing my MFW-15.
And I'll tell you why he was pissed too. Depending who you bought a product from dictated who the commissions went to and what the commisision structure would be. Now you would think that ought not to matter but here's why it did. If you bought through Kyle, he got a percentage of the sale and his percentage depended on what his sales (dollar) volume was. The rest was AV451's and AV451 was Shifty, Shifty-wife, and Shifty-Suzy. 'Course there was AV451 itself and its day to day operation costs.

In the past few months, even longer, I've said AV451 was having finanacial problems. To let you know how bad the problems were, a person who for a short time did business with AV451 was in a meeting with the unholy trinity. Yeah, trinity. And yeah, unholy. In that meeting, which wasn't pleasant, Shifty-Suzy got pissed and said for all to hear that it was her husband's money that was keeping AV451 afloat and paying the bills. Shifty turned red and looked to trivialize it and moved the discussion in another direction.

It wasn't profits. There really were none to speak of that were large enough to pay for the operation of AV451 - salaries, commissions, lease, heat, taxes, insurance, snow removal, warranty claims, and whatever it takes to keep a business afloat. The reason for that is because the general pricing structure for a product in this industry was 5X cost. It's that (and then some for AV451) for just about everyone making speakers that you can think of. They had to slash prices on the MFW's to get them to move because really, the overall quality was second rate.

So if you bought from Mark, Mark could bypass AV451. If you bought from Shifty-Suzy, she'd get the money and like everyone else that's taken it up the chocolate highway, she wanted to get some payback for what she and her husband had been laying out. Suzy was smelling the coffee. If you bought through the computer (remember all those you can only place your order through the computer?) it went to AV451 and its principals. Kyle never got much. So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it was because Kyle was the low man on the totem pole and he was the one that was always looked at last, that he was accommodating to you. By doing the right thing, he basically screwed the principals who were looking to assuage customers with phone calls and not replacements.

That's why Shifty was pissed. For those who've doubted me in the past over what I've said, it's all come to pass and then some. What I'm telling you is essentially the way things were working out over there. There was infighting going on and scrambling for 'profits' because even Suzy was getting taken by Step-Dad. Just so YOU realize how bad this is, the total cost of a sub was in and around $200, so Shifty was pissed off over $200.

Clint, we owe you a debt of gratitude for taking a stand against the shenanigans perpetrated by Mark Schifter. While other audio websites censored, and even banned, discussions about his misconduct, your website kept the heat on him. It would not surprise me if Audioholics served as an important catalyst for the involvement of the authorities. Thank you.
We do owe a debt of gratitude to Clint, Gene, and the entire organization. The content on Audioholics was useful because as long as this thread is, it summarized a lot of information found elsewhere. Believe it or not, we owe an enormous debt to AV451 and their decision to not have deleted the forum posts relating to the raffles. I archived most of those threads and saved the links. Those were passed on to the charities affected and passed on to the authorities if need be. This allowed the whole plan to be examined and allowed determining who gave what and even provided the means to contact people who had saved their receipts. This Audioholics thread was sort of like a central location from which various posts could be examined on other websites for additional information. Had this thread been cut way short, it would've been much more difficult and have taken much longer to nail Shifty. Then even more people would've been hurt.

Yeah.... even my thread has now been deleted. And all I was doing was saying goodbye to some of the "really old" forum members like me.

Sad indeed
I know Quad. From AV451's perspective they've still got stuff to sell. Not much, but they've got stuff.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Please do not take my post as some defense of this guy I am just curious as to peoples thoughts on punishment, I just think there are better choices than prison in some instances, sawz..
He stole a lot of money from his own community. That breaks the law - isn't that why we have jails? As I tell my daughter (who is five): actions have consequences. The community gave Mark every opportunity to resolve his problems. The community was supremely (excessively?) patient with him on a great many matters. His decision not to take that opportunity to do something has now landed him in jail with an assortment of state indictments on his head.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Considering that mls still has supporters out there, I wonder how long until we hear this song on our Rockets?

Free m-l-s
Free free
Free free free m-l-s

Free m-l-s

Spent the weekend in captivity
no iphone to post on av123
His body abused, but his mind is still free
You're so blind that you cannot see

Free m-l-s

Building the subs at av123
Only one man in this industry
You're so deaf that you cannot hear him

Free m-l-s

Spent the weekend in captivity
You're so deaf that you cannot hear him
You're so dumb that you cannot speak

Free m-l-s

(my apologies to The Specials and Nelson Mandela, just in case they are on AH)

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
He stole a lot of money from his own community. That breaks the law - isn't that why we have jails? As I tell my daughter (who is five): actions have consequences. The community gave Mark every opportunity to resolve his problems. The community was supremely (excessively?) patient with him on a great many matters. His decision not to take that opportunity to do something has now landed him in jail with an assortment of state indictments on his head.
I can fully appreciate that and like I said , I am in no way defending, just some what curious as to peoples feelings towards punishment and that's all, sawz.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't think legal matters of this magnitude should be the building block for jokes while the legal ramifications are still under way, no matter how funny some take it and or see it , it is the most serious nature of business and should be treated as such, just my opinion of course, ;)

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
I don't think legal matters of this magnitude should be the building block for jokes while the legal ramifications are still under way, no matter how funny some take it and or see it , it is the most serious nature of business and should be treated as such, just my opinion of course, ;)
Great, then don't make any jokes.

Personally, I think satirizing the folks who still are supporting mls is a very valid way to communicate about this topic.

To each his own, right?

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
he should spend some time in prison. What else is a suitable punishment? Restitution and community service? Not severe enough IMO.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
That's why Shifty was pissed. For those who've doubted me in the past over what I've said, it's all come to pass and then some. What I'm telling you is essentially the way things were working out over there.
Now that the states attorney has brought up an indictment, there are many people that owe you either a public or private apology in my opinion that have attacked your character or motives.

Maybe he can raise enough capital by having innmates pre-paying for a book on Schifternomics? I'll take smokes or cash.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Now that the states attorney has brought up an indictment, there are many people that owe you either a public or private apology in my opinion that have attacked your character or motives.

Maybe he can raise enough capital by having innmates pre-paying for a book on Schifternomics? I'll take smokes or cash.
It's OK. Really, it's OK. I'm not asking for any and I really don't see myself holding grudges. Even if my motives were because I hated the man for no good reason, the truth was the truth. I work for no competitor. I'm not in the audio business. I don't like Star Wars. No one pays me for this. If Schifter wasn't stopped, and it took all of us to do it, he'd have paid off on a few more people and he would've devastated others. It was a no win situation. In order for him to do good, he'd have to do bad and he was doing bad up to the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis