DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
The money for the RSL II is basically gone...not much I can really do.

Matt, you bring the comments upon yourself IMHO. A moderator making rude comments. What do you expect, to be honest? Moderators generally don't get involved in squabbles and heavily opinionated arguments...it's why they're chosen.
I would think you could do the same thing that Sean Parque has done. You may not recover the full amount once you factor in expenses, but even so, whatever amount you had to spend would be worth it for satisfaction.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The money for the RSL II is basically gone...not much I can really do.

Matt, you bring the comments upon yourself IMHO. A moderator making rude comments. What do you expect, to be honest? Moderators generally don't get involved in squabbles and heavily opinionated arguments...it's why they're chosen.
Have you contacted any of the Colorado consumer advocate agencies listed on the Colorado Attorney General's website? What about filing a small claims against AV123 using Suzanne Johnson since she's on all the corporate documents?

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Just surprised at permanent banning given my history buying from them and posting on the forums. If they want to ban for a day, week, month even...totally get it. But permanent...that speaks for itself.
Scorched Earth bannings on St. Pats Day. Chu has a theory about this recent activity.

"Why, if it isn't Saint Patrick driving the snakes from Colorado!"

Last edited:
B

bmf795

Audioholic Intern
Why, you have another smart *** remark about me like the one from six months ago? That seems about the only time you come out and post here.

Go ahead a fire away.:rolleyes:
Do you mean when you went and messed up my chicklets?? I think my posts have been consistent.

Anyway...Your post regarding Quadman just caught me off guard. I was unsure if your comment was made as a moderator or as a forum member. I would have thought after you took a break on the forum you would have less vitriol posting after you came back.

I was thinking along the lines that Cujobob was with his statement.

Last edited:
tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I'd start with what Chu recommended.
There are also other alternatives. Chu's advice is sound, but there end result is unsure except in the length of time it will take to reach resolution. That could be dragged out a long time, and you may still never get paid.

By all means, pursue contacting the Colo. AG, but I wonder if credit can be recouped in finished goods immediately? This would ensure immediate payment of some sort.

C

cujobob

Enthusiast
There are also other alternatives. Chu's advice is sound, but there end result is unsure except in the length of time it will take to reach resolution. That could be dragged out a long time, and you may still never get paid.

By all means, pursue contacting the Colo. AG, but I wonder if credit can be recouped in finished goods immediately? This would ensure immediate payment of some sort.
They wouldn't even honor my original LS9 pre-order which still wouldn't be filled...AV123, despite being run by MLS' family, will not honor his other dealings in any way. It's totally ridiculous how it's all going down...he's used AV123 email addys and run the advertising through the forum.

I've looked into a few things and not really gotten anywhere.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
the moderator's job is to keep the forum orderly, it doesn't mean they're not supposed to have opinions. especially, if he's not using it to get his way.

i on the other hand, will ban the next person who brings a mod's moderator status to the discussion. (this is in the rules, didya read them when you signed up?)

edit: that's DIRECTLY or INDIRECTLY or EVEN JUST FARTING IN THE SAME DIRECTION as the mod status (bring it up, you get banned)

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

That's an option too. The thing is, the more people sit on their behinds and wondering about this and wondering about that, the less sand remains in the hourglass. I and others have strongly suggested many months ago to just go after him using whatever legal means are available. Give the prick a black mark on his credit. File complaints with the BBB and use your time more productively than engaging in forum banter. Only a few have taken this advice some time ago and those few got money. For God's sake stop worrying about his family and what your actions may do to them. Realize that Schifter was acting on behalf of the company and using the company to get your money all the while drawing a salary. And so were the other principals that made up AV451. If you're successful, great. If not, at least you tried but if you don't try and continue taking this passive approach you'll get exactly what you've gotten so far. Nothing.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I strongly disagree... As an involved participant of the VA321 mess he's entitled to express his opinion however he wants.

BTW, have you told the proprietor of Freak Twitty that he shouldn't get involved in squabbles and heavily opinionated arguments? No, I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They wouldn't even honor my original LS9 pre-order which still wouldn't be filled...AV123, despite being run by MLS' family, will not honor his other dealings in any way. It's totally ridiculous how it's all going down...he's used AV123 email addys and run the advertising through the forum.

You've got a PM. Let's see if we can nail this douche.

C

cujobob

Enthusiast
I strongly disagree... As an involved participant of the VA321 mess he's entitled to express his opinion however he wants.

BTW, have you told the proprietor of Freak Twitty that he shouldn't get involved in squabbles and heavily opinionated arguments? No, I didn't think so. :rolleyes:
Craig? It's his forum over there...he's paying the bills and ultimately can do as he wishes. To my knowledge, you don't have to worry about being banned for speaking out, too. He and I exchanged quite a few messages about my feelings that he disagreed with...so you're way off on this one.

Most forum users would pretty much agree as to what a moderator should act like. They don't absolutely have to (depending on forum rules and whatnot), but when they don't...it'll obviously be criticized.

Sometimes people are forgetting who has done wrong in this entire situation...there's just no reason for the other squabbles going on.

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
To my knowledge, you don't have to worry about being banned for speaking out, too.
Your knowledge is seriously lacking in this regard.

Sometimes people are forgetting who has done wrong in this entire situation...there's just no reason for the other squabbles going on.
Or perhaps you are not aware of all the people who have done wrong, or the reason for some of the squabbles. There is far more wrongdoing than just the raffle money involved in this saga.

M

mhawker

Audioholic
There is far more wrongdoing than just the raffle money involved in this saga.
+1

As much as Chu has outlined what's been happening, there is quite a bit of "not yet ready to disclose" (oh, man, I sound like TADG) issues going on.

When the dust settles and information about the other dealings comes out, the sound of peoples jaws hitting the floor is going to be deafening.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic

Cujobob,

I'm confused. Are you saying that you pre-paid for your LS9 and they won't honor the order, or just that you put your name on the pre-order list (but did not pay) and they wouldn't honor the original price? If the former, what basis have they given for refusing to provide goods that you have paid for?

And what do you mean that AV123 will not honor MLS's dealings? I thought the LS speakers were in fact AV123 speakers, unlike the RSL II, which was what, Act 3? Are you saying that AV123 has denied that the LS9 pre-order is through it, and is instead claiming it was some sort of personal deal from MLS?

Whatever the case, I hope Chu has provided you with information that helps you get some relief.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
+1

As much as Chu has outlined what's been happening, there is quite a bit of "not yet ready to disclose" (oh, man, I sound like TADG) issues going on.

When the dust settles and information about the other dealings comes out, the sound of peoples jaws hitting the floor is going to be deafening.
How long before these other shoes drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis