DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
One is even an explanation from Greg explaining that I have to reenter my order because I have to buy one ticket at a time.
I had one of those from Greg too. :rolleyes:

Let's also not forget conducting the charity raffle was illegal in the first place. In order to conduct a legal charity raffle in the state of Colorado you have to apply for a license and get one. In order to quality for the license you have to be a non-profit company, and have been around as a non-profit for at least 5 years...

Last edited:
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
The court failed to account for Chinese New Year. It could happen to anybody.
I heard one of the suppliers to the court send them substandard product and the court is now going to swap in a superior product in it's place giving everyone more bang for their trial buck, but it's going to take at least a few weeks for the parts to come in. :D

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
I heard one of the suppliers to the court send them substandard product and the court is now going to swap in a superior product in it's place giving everyone more bang for their trial buck, but it's going to take at least a few weeks for the parts to come in. :D
I think we've done this before....but I heard the judge had associates in from out of town and had to stay off the bench for a few days.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Rimshot was somewhat intended ;), but seriously if he has to collect, Chu might as well make some more room on his refrigerator because that magnet isn't going anywhere.
Back when I was reading the small claims stuff, and assuming that Sean wins, this is how it basically goes. The amount he's found to be owed either has to be paid that day or if not, the person has to file paperwork with the court indicating assests and debits. Now, Sean had said the papers were served on Suzy since her name is on all the AV451 paperwork that has to be filed with Colorado. Hence, since the agreements that were struck were between him and the company, she'll have to be the one doing the responding and paying off. Now, within the company, I'm sure she's said something to step-dad like, you know, I better have the money for the cluster-phuck because it's not coming out of my pocket.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
So has it been verified the case has been postponed, and if so, does anyone know why?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So has it been verified the case has been postponed, and if so, does anyone know why?
Well there's only two possibilities.

Sean won and has either fallen over, hurt himself or is out celebrating.
It's been postponed for medical reasons although how that directly affects Suzy is somewhat speculative.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
For what reason? Is it like a traffic ticket and you can keep asking for an extension in hopes the officer won't show?
So that's how you get out of traffic tickets. I will have to remember that.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
So that's how you get out of traffic tickets. I will have to remember that.
No, that doesn't work either. It used to work, but now they will only let you reschedule to days when the officer is already scheduled to come to court. In general they schedule everyone who was given a ticket by officer X to come to court on the same day, and then that's officer X's day to come to court.

Matt34

Matt34

No, that doesn't work either. It used to work, but now they will only let you reschedule to days when the officer is already scheduled to come to court. In general they schedule everyone who was given a ticket by officer X to come to court on the same day, and then that's officer X's day to come to court.
I've seen larger cities do this but it is not universal from state to state.

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
TWO business days before the case was to be heard I received a call from the courthouse saying they had been granted a continuance. No reason was given to me nor could they say when it would be rescheduled. So my case in on indefinite hold. If you guys don't mind that I rant for a moment...

I'm an easy going guy. I don't like confrontation when it is so easily avoided. The prospect of actually suing someone that I thought was a friend is a terrible experience. I'm not ashamed to tell you all that I've had crazy levels of anxiety over the last few weeks knowing this day (the 22nd) was approaching. When I got that call, all I could do was laugh.

BTW, I'm not a heartless prick - I know Mark has been in the hospital lately (called to see if he was indeed there and he was) but considering I began my quest nearly TWO YEARS ago to have all of this rectified, I can't feel sorry for him. There was plenty of 'healthy' time to get this handled.

/rant off

Sean

Anyone know how today went for Sean?

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
If I had only known about this when I was working there... :(

I would have made sure all of this **** was shut down then and there.

I had one of those from Greg too. :rolleyes:

Let's also not forget conducting the charity raffle was illegal in the first place. In order to conduct a legal charity raffle in the state of Colorado you have to apply for a license and get one. In order to quality for the license you have to be a non-profit company, and have been around as a non-profit for at least 5 years...

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
I am assuming they were granted a postponement based on Mark's medical issues. Suzanne is the one who is the agent of record for the company - not Mark. Nothing I can do however...

T

The Ninja

Audioholic Intern
BTW, I'm ready to answer any questions anyone here has. When possible, I'll post docs to back up my statements. I've got a 4" stack of paperwork here going back several years (and that is just the stuff I'm taking to court!). Anyway, not looking to stir the pot. I know lots of you have been wondering what is BS and what isn't; what is rumor and what is fact. Post your questions and if I can answer, I will - with proof!

Can you tell I'm a bit pissed today?

:D

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I am assuming they were granted a postponement based on Mark's medical issues. Suzanne is the one who is the agent of record for the company - not Mark. Nothing I can do however...
So, they didn't even explain to you the grounds on which the continuance was granted? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis