DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Hey guys, give Droht some reputation points so he can get rid of that red square already :D
Boy, that sure feels like a pity "f", well, actually it feels nothing like that, just the same idea. :D

Some of the die hard gun toting Sarah Palin lovin' boys around here like to send the bad rep points my way when I make the occasional smart-assed liberal sounding comment in one of the threads where they are constantly blowing each other. Can't really figure out why...:confused::rolleyes:

The red chicklet is not so bad. I could be banned like django1 or craigsub I suppose.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
We've still got red chicklets at TCA, so don't fret too much. ;)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, it was a charity **** and even if you're liberal that's OK. Now, let's all find mlschifter and give him some negatives :D

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
Got some unhappy campers over at 321's forum over the new "no parts out of warranty" policy. I'd be pissed, too. Some guy said it's like Ford refusing to sell him brake calipers for his 72 Bronco. I agree. It's a BS policy. I had a full Ascend system for years and never worried about being taken care of, even after the warranty period. Seriously, would any of you buy a HT system and spend up to a few thousand knowing that after the warranty they were throw-aways?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, the way things have gone, Eddie, I doubt many old timers would be likely to buy much anymore from AV451. With but a few exceptions, they're gone. It's time for the fresh meat.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Well, which is worse? Telling your customers they can't buy replacement parts, or telling customers you can't get replacement parts for them to buy because you can't/won't pay your vendors?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If people now can't see the big red flag?

IMO the business practices of this company are despicable. :mad: Ought to be ashamed. I wonder how their new customers that recently purchased gear from them feel about this policy?

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
I was going to say that this might scare off the new customers, but if all the shady dealing up to this point hasn't, then I guess it can't be done. There's one born every minute, and I'm sure Mark will make it sound like no big deal.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I was going to say that this might scare off the new customers, but if all the shady dealing up to this point hasn't, then I guess it can't be done. There's one born every minute, and I'm sure Mark will make it sound like no big deal.
IMO this policy is a very serious sign. I am sure it will scare off new customers because this policy will directly effect them. What they have to do is encourage a new customer base, this policy is the complete opposite of that. A policy like this make no sense, but nothing suprises me anymore what I hear about this company.

IMO purchasing anything from 123 is riskier than ever.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
You said it all there Eddie.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
We've still got red chicklets at TCA, so don't fret too much. ;)
Excellent point - I think you and I are the only "reds" at TCA. django1 has gray I think; probation or something. He must be a trouble maker. Have you gotten the death sentence at av123 as well Seth? You really haven't "made it" until mls drops the lifetime ban on you.

M

mziegler

Audioholic
I just posted there reminding the guy who just bought speakers that he can return them. Maybe I'll get banned.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Have you gotten the death sentence at av123 as well Seth? You really haven't "made it" until mls drops the lifetime ban on you.
I'm not sure. My account disappeared during the forum move, but then later reappeared. I haven't made any attempt to log in after the forum reopened. I may or may not be banned. Frankly, I don't care either way.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
One option may be to contact Danny Richie assuming he was the one involved in the development work. He may have or know of suitable replacements.

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
One option may be to contact Danny Richie assuming he was the one involved in the development work. He may have or know of suitable replacements.
If the guy looking for the driver has an older, Mr. Pu era, RSC200, I think those were designed with **** Pierce, but could be wrong. Danny did do the Sig crossovers, I think.

edit: Weird, it won't let me type the shorter version of Richard.

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
I just posted there reminding the guy who just bought speakers that he can return them. Maybe I'll get banned.
I have to commend you for that post. The tool who you directed that to appears to be one of Mark's personal *ball washers* so I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.

If you look at his posts, you can see he's had all sorts of problems with his subs, but is still happy to overlook the issues and continue to throw money at the company.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
If the guy looking for the driver has an older, Mr. Pu era, RSC200, I think those were designed with **** Pierce, but could be wrong. Danny did do the Sig crossovers, I think.

edit: Weird, it won't let me type the shorter version of Richard.
Dunno but you could be right. Pierce, as you know is enormously protective over his dealings with clients on USENET. I did email him some time ago inquiring if he was still involved with Shifty. To paraphrase, he said one day Shifty just stopped using him. No reason. Danny may still know the driver parameters and that just might be good enough to get a reasonably close enough match if someone is up the creek without a paddle.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Someone over there summed it up best.

"How can you support a company that doesn't support its own products"

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
That was the exact thing I felt when I got rid of my two mfws. I felt kinda bad each time but they both emailed about how much they liked them so I felt neutral about it. Still can't feel good about it.
I waited until about 3 weeks ago to sell my remaining GC balance just because I felt bad about sticking somebody else with that company. I finally just decided I wanted to move on and I didn't want any relationship with them. I have a blown UFW-12 that just started smoking, literally, about 2 months ago that I didn't even try to get replaced (couldn't now under the new generous policy) because I didn't even want to deal with that company.

I just wonder how all those old timers who stuck around to ignore the obvious, aka the disrespectful and criminal **** Mark has pulled over the last couple years and continued beyond any sane reason to still push his gear feel about his new policies. Sadly, they will never get it.

I wonder who Mark is going to throw under the bus for this new policy? The MCM, Ruben? Or some other poor sap who had no idea what they were getting into and now is being blamed for all things MLS. :rolleyes:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, he's already thrown Ruben under the bus. Promised him big things and then, pfft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis