DK Design Group HT-1 Theater Receiver

io0o.o0oi

io0o.o0oi

Audiophyte
Hello,

I recently acquired a monster receiver by DK Design Group model HT-1. Very little on the internet about it. I have the remote, every channel is hooked to speakers, I had it demoed for me with all channels singing and for the life of me I can't fire up the 5.1. Its 2-channel works perfect, but I'm missing its cinema trick. Every dial and button is functional. Remote responds perfectly. I've lost the gentleman's contact info from who I bought it from so I'm getting desperate. By chance does anyone have any insight?

Thanks

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
DK Design Group became/was bought out by LSA Design Group, which is carried by Underwood HiFI. You might give them a call. I never heard the DK VS-1 integrated, but the reviews were very high on it.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This image is very telling to me to describe the issue you're having.
It can't decode anything past Dolby digital/ac3 and DTS including ES verstions. That's it.
It won't do surround with Dolby Digital Plus (which lots of streaming services use) nor any modern BlueRay audio format since these restricted to HDMI

io0o.o0oi

io0o.o0oi

Audiophyte
DK Design Group became/was bought out by LSA Design Group, which is carried by Underwood HiFI. You might give them a call. I never heard the DK VS-1 integrated, but the reviews were very high on it.
Hey John,

I actually sent the new owner/engineer an email and was quickly responded to with, "I have no idea". I reached out to some other audiophile buddies without success as well. And it has been long over due for me to join an AV forum. So thank you so much for your reply.

io0o.o0oi

io0o.o0oi

Audiophyte
This image is very telling to me to describe the issue you're having.
It can't decode anything past Dolby digital/ac3 and DTS including ES verstions. That's it.
It won't do surround with Dolby Digital Plus (which lots of streaming services use) nor any modern BlueRay audio format since these restricted to HDMI

Hello BoredstsAdmin,

I have a copy of this. I also have a manual to the CAV A8, but they seem to be a bit different. My first thing was to hook all speakers up though in the demo the original owner only had two cables and sounded each surround channel individually.

I was only testing using an audio CD from a CD player at first. So I just hooked up my Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player and played Evil Dead II. Years ago I had the cable box on watching TV with a Sony STR-DA3ES receiver. The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton came on and my receiver lit up like I had never seen before. I wasn't interested in watching TV at that moment, but had to turn it up and experience what my receiver was doing. It decoded automatically. I thought this might be the case with the DK, but still no luck.

I've included a few pictures of my unit. It seems to me that this is an awesome 2-channel AMPLIFIER as stated in the articular. I hooked it to my Klipsch KLF-10 speakers and a pair of Polk Audio RTi-10 speakers and have enjoyed its performance. I'm looking to pass it on and would really appreciate being able to sell it fully understanding how to operate it at its full potential.

Thanks for your help. This is truly a mystery..
DK Design HT-1 4 small.JPG
DK Design HT-1 5 small.JPG
DK Design HT-1 1 small.JPG

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hey John,

I actually sent the new owner/engineer an email and was quickly responded to with, "I have no idea". I reached out to some other audiophile buddies without success as well. And it has been long over due for me to join an AV forum. So thank you so much for your reply.
You're very welcome and, well, welcome! I was really interested in the DK integrated when it came out and I did not even know they made a surround amp. It is a monster and I hope you find out whats wrong!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice looking unit and it should support DVD 5.1 decoding. Unfortunately I lack the manual and in either case it doesn't seem to match your unit.
I'd validate a few things just in case: Make sure that you are using a digital connection (optical or spdif) from a DVD player to DK receiver. Secondly, verify that audio out on Toshiba is set to bitstream, not PCM.
I assume that DK doesn't support one of the other. In any case worth a try.

io0o.o0oi

io0o.o0oi

Audiophyte
THANK YOU BoredSysAdmin!!!!!

The DK has fully come to life with 5.1 capability. I still need to play with it and understand fully the ins and outs, but it is amazing. It will be hard to let go which is the plan, but I watched Evil Dead II and it rocked.. The DK is even better as just a 2-channel.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Very awesome... :cool:
Never knew about that product...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis