Disapointed with Rythmik E15HP. How is it possible? Opting for Yamaha NS-SW1000PN 12"

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
In theory he should be getting some nasty cancellations and peaks with them in such close proximity. Perhaps the peak is in somewhere in the midrange and he's hearing it slightly louder than his other speakers which would give the impression of it sounding better.
what do they say, "to each, his own" ? :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
One obvious thing to do is to take the the E15HP to your house and hook it up where your F12 is.

It should equal or better your F12. If it doesn't, defective sub is a safe bet and comparing it to the second E15HP is suggested.

If it sounds fine at your house, then you know it is his room and placement (or the AVR) that is making it sound poor.

While you are at it, maybe he can let you play with it and your f12 (as dual subs) so you can get a sense of what benefit a second sub would get you (sometimes it is major, others, not so much).

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
One obvious thing to do is to take the the E15HP to your house and hook it up where your F12 is.

It should equal or better your F12. If it doesn't, defective sub is a safe bet and comparing it to the second E15HP is suggested.

If it sounds fine at your house, then you know it is his room and placement (or the AVR) that is making it sound poor.

While you are at it, maybe he can let you play with it and your f12 (as dual subs) so you can get a sense of what benefit a second sub would get you (sometimes it is major, others, not so much).
I like the idea, but too much work bringing that 100lb sub to my place and I don't see myself purchasing a 2nd sub, no matter how much improvement it brings. I am very happy with my set up right now.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
That's what I have been hearing. He thinks it gives him great sound. I think he did it for visual again, so that he doesn't have a small speaker.
Tell your friend to ignore the visual and work around the sound of the speakers. If the speakers are placed symmetrically they will look good and sound good. However, follow the recommended distances from wall and from each other. May want to check your reflection points as well to get full capability from the speakers. Measure that ish out. The subs will look good anywhere you put them. They will look good because they are tanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis