D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I tried looking up the LX805 but couldn't find the spec that could actually support DL ART.
Is there any news on the LX805?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
All we can say, is that the processing capabilities can and do handle DLBC, therefore it certainly is powerful enough to handle ART.

A

asere

Audioholic
All we can say, is that the processing capabilities can and do handle DLBC, therefore it certainly is powerful enough to handle ART.
Let's hope. I've been eyeing the lx805 and rz70. It's too soon to pull the trigger imo.

A

asere

Audioholic
There is a Dirac 3 now. What is the difference, and does the 505 or 805 have it? Denon 4800 does.
Just when I thought you could upgrade with some avr to DLBC and possibly ART, I found out about Dirac Live 3.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
They are all on Dirac 3 now - current version is 3.6.7, although some people have found the earlier 3.4.4 to be more stable.

A

asere

Audioholic
Anyone here know if the LX805 with the 4 subwoofer outputs if they are independent?
I can't find any info.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Anyone here know if the LX805 with the 4 subwoofer outputs if they are independent?
I can't find any info.

There are only 2 subwoofer channels - so no, the 4 sub outputs are NOT independent, they are twinned in pairs...

The LX805/RZ70/8.4 all have 2 SW channels only.

A

asere

Audioholic
There are only 2 subwoofer channels - so no, the 4 sub outputs are NOT independent, they are twinned in pairs...

The LX805/RZ70/8.4 all have 2 SW channels only.
I think the advantage of the Denon avr x4800h is that it has 4 independent/discrete sub inputs.

Last edited:
D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
I think the advantage of the Denon avr x4800h is that it has 4 independent/discrete sub inputs.

Yes - if you need 4 sub channels, then the Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer range has nothing suitable... (yet... we are still waiting for the RZ90 - which was being tested in the Voxx auditorium during last CEDIA, and has not been released)

A

asere

Audioholic
Yes - if you need 4 sub channels, then the Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer range has nothing suitable... (yet... we are still waiting for the RZ90 - which was being tested in the Voxx auditorium during last CEDIA, and has not been released)
Good to know. Also, the Denon 4800h is manufactured in Japan. That's also a plus.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis