Did i setup my fronts and surrounds backwards?

S

scottter140

Enthusiast
The speakers I'm using are used and older. The are Cambridge soundworks. 3 of them are 6 ohm book shelf speakers and 2 of them are 8 ohm with a bipole/dipole toggle switch on them. I just assumed the 8ohm ones are better so they should go in front? I tried to research but I still don't get the whole bipolar bipolar thing. They also came with 2 passive subwoofers but I never bothered to use them since I have a active sub.

I'm using an Onkyo txnr676.

Hope I'm allowed to use link cuz it was easier to upload the pics this way:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had some CS speakers, maybe the same bi-poles, but they're intended as surrounds. The impedance isn't an indicator of quality, it's just indicative what kind of load it is for an amp. I'd use the three (matching?) bookshelves as left/center/right and move those bi-poles to surrounds....

ps Is this the Ensemble set?

S

scottter140

Enthusiast
I had some CS speakers, maybe the same bi-poles, but they're intended as surrounds. The impedance isn't an indicator of quality, it's just indicative what kind of load it is for an amp. I'd use the three (matching?) bookshelves as left/center/right and move those bi-poles to surrounds....

ps Is this the Ensemble set?
Yeah I'm not sure if all 5 are from the same set though.

Meant to include this
D5JSz7Q.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL looks familiar. There were a couple ways you could mix 'em IIRC. I still have some of that set around, not the bi-poles, they had surround/cone failure....those passive subs were fairly useless, tho.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis