Denon Receiver 3300. I want a receiver that can seamless stream my pc music library.

M

MoreLeslie

Enthusiast
You can, but they are going to need to know information that hasn't been addressed. As I noted using media server software and a separate hardware headend will yeild much better results with less setup headaches, better support if needed. AVR manufacturers are not in the business of trouble shooting 3rd party equipment. Following were this can go. We can't guess what every setting is on your computer unless your telling us and then.. Variables. Many members have no plug n play issues, so variables. Not many members use .wma, so variables. Hopefully you/we can figure it out.
What's the best way to reach a tech, the webpage gives a phone number.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Does it work in "all zone stereo"? (p. 115 of the manual) I'm wondering if the zone 2 is restricted due to the content...are the files protected? How is your pc connected to the avr?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure about your model, but unless it has a separate DAC or a 11ch one, you may need to use analog connection for audio along with digital for main zone, but we still don't know your sources and there connection to the avr are

M

MoreLeslie

Enthusiast
Does it work in "all zone stereo"? (p. 115 of the manual) I'm wondering if the zone 2 is restricted due to the content...are the files protected? How is your pc connected to the avr?
I changed the receiver to all zone stereo and put it on tuner, still doesn't transfer. The pc is wifi and the receiver sees it. But when I select music it is empty.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I changed the receiver to all zone stereo and put it on tuner, still doesn't transfer. The pc is wifi and the receiver sees it. But when I select music it is empty.
What do you mean "select music" and the avr "sees" it? You choose network on the avr? And?

M

MoreLeslie

Enthusiast
Ok, it finally worked. I changed the zone 2 to md/tape which had in and out receptacles. Then, on the pc, I went into the home sharing page and made certain the denon could receive a stream. Then I opened WMP and selected a list of music to play and at the top of the WMP play page in the upper right hand corner is a little symbol that looks like an old cpu, that is the streamer... When you click on that it will ask 'cast to device' and I selected Denon, the music came right on. The album art and other particulars came up on the tv. I initially tried it from my desktop server with the external drive attached and it worked. But it also worked with a new tablet that came in the mail today with a windows os and media player.

There are 2 problems, but not with the denon, 1 - I can't shuffle the genre, which means the whole album plays before going to the next one or I have to select the tunes one by one, and 2 the volume is controlled by the media player. Once I turned it up, I could hear the music all over the house. I guess I have to fine the control for zone 2 for the other venues like the tuner because it wasn't controllable by the Sony. Hope this makes sense. And thanks for your help thinking thru this with me.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis