Denon Owners Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Quick question: There are two options for HDMI(arc) Monitor 1 out and 4K out Monitor 2. I have it connected to HDMI(arc) on my Vizio 4KTV. Is the other one better PQ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Quick question: There are two options for HDMI(arc) Monitor 1 out and 4K out Monitor 2. I have it connected to HDMI(arc) on my Vizio 4KTV. Is the other one better PQ?
Why would it be different?

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
On my Denon AVRX4400H, I have noticed that when I play a CD thru the HDMI out on my Blu ray player to Blu ray HDMI in, that the sound is not as good as when I am playing the same disc thru my Blu ray coax out to coax in on the Denon. Has anyone else noticed this? I would have thought the sound quality would have been exactly the same. I noticed this to be pretty much the same on my AVRX4400H. By not as good, I simply mean, it sounds better to my ears. Even my wife noticed the difference.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just double checking, the Denon Link connection is a coaxial type connection, no worries. Are the settings for audio output the same for coaxial and HDMI in the player? Wouldn't think it would matter for CD's, but you never know.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
Just double checking, the Denon Link connection is a coaxial type connection, no worries. Are the settings for audio output the same for coaxial and HDMI in the player? Wouldn't think it would matter for CD's, but you never know.
I'm not sure what you mean by settings. I simply switch from Denon HDMI in to Denon CD Coax in. There is a marked increase in audio quality as soon as I switch to Coax. If you wonder why I do this, it is because if I'm using HDMI in with the tv on, the sound will click off when I turn the tv off and does not come back on. It does not do this when I am using the Coax connections. I don't use ARC at all.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Arc doesn’t work on mine. Not that it matters i read it really doesn’t work on Denon. If hdmi plugged to Firestick it does work with Vizio.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Hello guys, I'm not a very proud owner of my Denon X2300W, but I would like to ask one question, how much is Denon X2300W AVR worth? The reason why I'm asking is, coz I'm planning to sell it & accumulate some cash for my future purchases.

It's been almost a month or so, and it's been collecting dust sitting in my closet. What price should I set for the receiver?, kindly suggest me a good price which would benefit me as a Seller and the buyer.

Denon X2300W is working flawlessly.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hello guys, I'm not a very proud owner of my Denon X2300W, but I would like to ask one question, how much is Denon X2300W AVR worth? The reason why I'm asking is, coz I'm planning to sell it & accumulate some cash for my future purchases.

It's been almost a month or so, and it's been collecting dust sitting in my closet. What price should I set for the receiver?, kindly suggest me a good price which would benefit me as a Seller and the buyer.

If it works well my guess is somewhere between $300 - $350. There is one on eBay for $400.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

$300

D

depechefan

Audioholic
I really love my AVC-X8500. Only couple of things that could make it better would be several HDMI 2.1 inputs and the ability to play multi channel DSD files via local network.

But overall a fantastic amplifier.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I really love my AVC-X8500. Only couple of things that could make it better would be several HDMI 2.1 inputs and the ability to play multi channel DSD files via local network.

But overall a fantastic amplifier.
Is it by any means flat sounding? Heard a lot of complaints recently on various Facebook groups.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Not to my ears. Saw a review on Whathifi where they said that it was the case but I don't agree.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is it by any means flat sounding? Heard a lot of complaints recently on various Facebook groups.

Well, it's "FLAT" sounding if you use Audyssey or any other Room EQ to Flatten the FR. :D

If you BYPASS L/R and add Dynamic EQ (after you manually boost all the speaker trims by 5dB), then the sound will be very energetic. :D

D

depechefan

Audioholic
I've used Audyssey, restricted it to 0 - 300 Hz for all channels and have Dynamic EQ enabled. When listening to music I often set reference level to 10 db. For movies, 0 db. Sounds good to me.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Well, it's "FLAT" sounding if you use Audyssey or any other Room EQ to Flatten the FR. :D

If you BYPASS L/R and add Dynamic EQ (after you manually boost all the speaker trims by 5dB), then the sound will be very energetic. :D
Yes thats a whole lot of a mess, 1 setting doesn't work on everything.

With yamaha, you just set it to Neural X or straight and you're good to go. The sound is much more balanced with the punch. More like effortless sound straight in your face.

With Denon you have to fiddle with audyssey setting offset, dynamic volume, light/medium/high. This becomes annoying.

But, on one thing you were right L/R bypass works better for music.

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I've used Audyssey, restricted it to 0 - 300 Hz for all channels and have Dynamic EQ enabled. When listening to music I often set reference level to 10 db. For movies, 0 db. Sounds good to me.
I'm sure not many know about this trick, and infact you need a $20 multieq app to do this.I might have tried this trick too, but it gave me a feeling of half baked sound. More of like incomplete calibration.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis