Denon Firmware Update

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
My most recent new [2020] Denon AVR S-960H, purchased in 2021, I received a firmware update, last evening at 3:15a. I just happened to be awake and watching a movie. My AVR and Modem/Router is hard wired.

I came across, what might be their latest update or not?
LATEST HEOS APP AND FIRMWARE UPDATE AVAILABLE (denon.com)

Last edited:
factoryguy

factoryguy

Audiophyte
I am running quite a few HEOS devices (3 receivers and 8 wireless speakers) and I've been less than happy with functionality over the last few years...

However, a few firmware and app updates have dropped lately, including one today. I didn't find a change log but they are fixing A LOT of the long-term issues. The one today allows me to play the 11 HEOS devices as one system (basically filling the whole house with music.)

Really worth keeping an eye on it if you are a HEOS fan or Denon customer.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
The one today allows me to play the 11 HEOS devices as one system (basically filling the whole house with music.)

Really worth keeping an eye on it if you are a HEOS fan or Denon customer.
I'm curious because I've always been able to group all of my HEOS devices at will. Admittedly, I don't have as many as you (2 AVRs and 4 speakers). I wonder if it's some unit threshold that you crossed but I didn't...

factoryguy

factoryguy

Audiophyte
I'm curious because I've always been able to group all of my HEOS devices at will. Admittedly, I don't have as many as you (2 AVRs and 4 speakers). I wonder if it's some unit threshold that you crossed but I didn't...
It is definitely a unit number threshold... I have heard from plenty of people with one receiver and a few speakers who never had issues. A simple example is the s716 with sub and rear surrounds. This was a total mess, but sometimes I feel like I am the only person who ever bought this setup :).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis