Denon AVR-X2500H Buzzing after 45 mins on being on

T

TheDarkSpock

Audiophyte
Hey all

A few months ago I noticed my Denon AVR-X2500H producing a mild buzz, I didn't think anything of it at the time, as the buzz was only noticeable if the sound was off and I was close to the AVR. However, I have noticed recently that when I turn the AVR on, after being off for awhile, it's completely silent. It is only after being on for 45 - 60 mins or so, that it starts to produce an electrical buzzing sound. It almost sounds like a PC with coil whine to me. Now that I know the buzz is there, I feel like I can hear it from farther away. It does sound a little louder when I'm next to the receiver, than it did before. At this time, I don't notice it while I'm watching a show or film, but I can probably hear it from a couple feet or so away. This buzz is not coming from any speakers and it is only coming from the amp, itself, after being on for about an hour.

I have tried plugging in the AVR to multiple outlets, unplugging all the cables and it is still producing the hum. My friend believes that it is acting abnormally when it gets warm. He thinks that maybe a loose or bad capacitor could be creating the hum as it gets warm?

I contacted Denon support, the advice I received from the customer service tech was to do a factory reset, and if that didn't solve the hum (It did not), my only other option would be to send it in for a repair. He suggested that if it doesn't ruin the listening experience to just ignore it and that it might be the THD I'm hearing, but that sounds unlikely to me. My concern is that even if it doesn't affect the listening experience now, that doesn't mean it won't affect it later (possibly after the warranty period is over) or that it won't cause other issues down the line. My understanding is that I would need to pay for the shipping to the repair center, so before I spend $100 on shipping, plus the time to unhook it and box it up, I figured I'd check to see what some options/opinions might be on other things to try beforehand.

I am not sure if this is normal, if this is something I should be concerned about, or if I should just ignore it. According to the Denon rep I spoke with, my warranty is good through the end of the year, so I'm trying to figure out my next steps in this process.

Video of the hum attached

PXL_20220402_031834556.TS.mp4
PXL_20220402_032054751.TS.mp4
PXL_20220405_023033673.TS.mp4

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Send it to Denon for a repair/replacement. I wouldn't wait.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Is it coming from the front display? All of the Denon/Marantz receivers and pre pros emit a buzz from the front display. I always have heard it so your issue may be different.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis