Denon AVR-A10H 13.4CH AV Receiver Close to Flagship Level?

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Point taken, but a breakout type connector could have worked too. I'm still waiting for someone to make a simple 7.1 analog -> Digital HDMI connection box. That would get around the lack of dedicated RCA inputs as all HDMI connections are capable of carrying 7.1 digital in.

The only real thing stopping it is the insane licensing prices HDMI charges. Still, a company like Monoprice that's already licensed for HDMI could probably make one if there was enough expressed interest. That could also get you the bass management and processing features typically missing from 7.1 RCA inputs.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
Analogue ports are needed for vintage gaming as well. I still have a PS2 and Wii. Add a cassette deck, turntable and VCR for the grand kids to watch all of those Disney tapes and the analogue ports add up. :)
You make the grand kids watch VHS tapes? What a d#%k!;) Phono aside, the damn thing has six pair of two channel analog ports.

Really old analog devices should be connected to old CRT TVs. They really look like s#%t connected to new digital sets.

The 7.1 EXT IN should be included on flagship models of AVP/AVRs. Some ponying up for them definitely want them. Might as well go all in if the f#%kin’ composite and component ports are still coming along for the ride.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
You make the grand kids watch VHS tapes? What a d#%k!;) Phono aside, the damn thing has six pair of two channel analog ports.

Really old analog devices should be connected to old CRT TVs. They really look like s#%t connected to new digital sets.

The 7.1 EXT IN should be included on flagship models of AVP/AVRs. Some ponying up for them definitely want them. Might as well go all in if the f#%kin’ composite and component ports are still coming along for the ride.
:D
The upscaling to 1080p worked very well on those sources but I have to admit that when you get to 4k it's a stretch trying to upscale from 480. One reason I went to the Denon X4800H was that it has a set of component inputs for my PS2 or Wii and composite for the VHS (I have some anime VHS tapes that are not available to stream or download). One set is all I need. I would have preferred S-VHS but those inputs have disappeared entirely. I'll watch some of those tapes one more time and then sell them. There is a group on reddit dedicated to collecting anime on VHS.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis