A

almandog

Audiophyte
Hello:
I am settling up the Denon AH4700 with my Sony OLED TV but I can't get all speakers activated, namely the rear surround speakers. I have 4 Dolby atmos speakers (front and surround), two surround speakers, rear speakers, front speakers, a center channel, and two subwoofers. The graphics on the TV shows all my speakers but "Info" on the remote doesn't. The rear surround speakers are missing. I run through all the Amp Assigned on the Denon, but to no avail. How do I solve this issue? I tried to upload a picture of the display but this site said the file is too large.

Mando..

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
How many total speakers do you have? The receiver you own only has 9 channels of amplification built in, so you need to ensure that you have amplification for each speaker.

You are kind of all over with the list of speakers, but it sounds like you have more than 9 speakers, which means you need an external amplifier to power them all.
Full 7.2.4 Atmos setup would involve 11 speakers that need power and two subwoofers. It would need an additional amplifier for the last speaker pair.

V

viorelc

Audioholic Intern
Check the manual for amp modes available. I think you have the speaker ports on the back for multiple configurations of 9 amplified channels, but none of these can create more amplified channels than the 9 that the receiver has. Having ports for more channels could be misleading, and I believe this is to allow multiple physical connections, allowing you to change amplifier modes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The X4700H will process 11.1 channels. When channels are assigned correctly, an external amplifier will power the Height 2 channels by default.
4AE576CE-DAB5-44D5-9D47-89E3C0806D73.jpeg

A

almandog

Audiophyte
Hello:
I am using the 9.1 configuration on the Denon AH-4700 setup..
Please see the pictures below on how I am setting up but the rear speakers are not showing up.

What do you think?

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hello:
Please see the pictures below on how I am setting up but the rear speakers are not showing up.

What do you think?
Looks like you're still asking for 5 plus 2 on the floor level plus four in the ceiling for eleven total....so assume it's just eliminating your SB/rear surrounds as you don't have sufficient amp channels....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hello:

What do you think?
I'm a little bit lost, but... I think you listed off 11 speakers and your receiver can only amplify 9 of them. It can process 11, but you need a separate amp to power 11.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Hello:

What do you think?
I think that you have 11 speakers that need power in your room. You can either power the four in-ceiling speakers, or the rear speakers, plus two of the in-ceiling speakers. You've set your receiver up for a 7.1.4 system.

Once again, COUNT the number of speakers you have, then tell us a simple answer of how many need power.

In your receiver's amplifier assign section, you can change what speakers are powered from the receiver.

A

almandog

Audiophyte
Hello:
I have the following speakers just like it is shown in the picture below:
2 Front Speakers
1 Center channel
2 Subwoofers
2 Surround
2 Back speakers
2 Dolby atmos in front
2 Dolby atmos in rear

All these speakers show up during the Audyssey room correction setup.
All the speaker terminals on the Receiver is used up also.

Too much speakers it seems?

Thanks for your response.

Mando..

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While you can use the setup routine to setup all the speakers, and use some vs others depending on sound mode, but you can't power them all without external amp help.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. You need an external amplifier to lower the Front L and R, and let the AVR power all the Dolby enabled speakers plus the surrounds. Or use an external amp to power one pair of Atmos enabled speakers. Yes. Too many speakers.

A

almandog

Audiophyte
Thanks for your help.

Which would speakers would you recommend taken out of my layout, if an external amp won't be used?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd probably do away with the rear surrounds myself. How large is your room?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah too small for rear surrounds in the first place I'd think. Where's your seat in relation to the rear wall?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah. I’d go 5.14 but 5.1.2 could be almost as good. The problem is not enough space behind the couch.

A

almandog

Audiophyte
OK.
Thanks. I will delete the rear surround speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis