Denon 5805 under 5k

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
I'm gonna bet this is just a sales tactic to get you to shop them and sell you something else. The 5805 is on back order for authorized dealers. You can not even order one unless you have had the sales and installation class. I would be interested to know if anyone actually recieves an order for a 5805 from one of these guys. There is absolutly no reason for any company to let one go for less than retail because people are on waiting lists for them.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
av-man said:
I'm gonna bet this is just a sales tactic to get you to shop them and sell you something else. The 5805 is on back order for authorized dealers. You can not even order one unless you have had the sales and installation class. I would be interested to know if anyone actually recieves an order for a 5805 from one of these guys. There is absolutly no reason for any company to let one go for less than retail because people are on waiting lists for them.
Why not just call and ask them. They are an authorized Denon reseller of B stock equipment. A few forum guys have bought units from here. They've always seemed to be on the up and up.
Dakmart - 1052 NW 3rd St. - Hallandale, Florida 33009 - tel.: (954) 456-7453 - 1-877 DAKMART

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I thought the 5805 was only going to be sold through authorized dealers
Dakmart is an authorized dealer. The price drop is due to it being a referb unit.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
mrnomas said:
Dakmart is an authorized dealer. The price drop is due to it being a referb unit.
I'm aware of that, I bought my 3805 from Dakmart, plus I didn't say anything about the price drop. Did you read the rest of my sentence? You cut off the critical part.

"I thought the 5805 was only going to be sold through authorized dealers that had gone through X amount of hours of training so they could be installed properly?"

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Ahh....I see. So the training ensures that that the units are installed properly. And they come to your house to do that? Because if they come to your house, then yes I agree with your previous post. If they offer assistance over the phone - then as long as the personnel at Dakmart have received the training, then they will be of as much assistance as any local store. I cut off the "critical part" of your sentence because I thought it was irrelevant.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
mrnomas said:
Ahh....I see. So the training ensures that that the units are installed properly. And they come to your house to do that? Because if they come to your house, then yes I agree with your previous post. If they offer assistance over the phone - then as long as the personnel at Dakmart have received the training, then they will be of as much assistance as any local store. I cut off the "critical part" of your sentence because I thought it was irrelevant.
No problem. :)

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
All I can tell you is what Denon told me when I spent X amount of hours in the class. I'm sure a call to Denon would be an easy way to find out. I know I would before I gambled with $5000 or $6000. :)

pikers

pikers

Audioholic
gdm said:
2nd ramblings!

I have priced shopped before and have gotten some pretty good deals. I "think" the point I am making is IF the product isn't too expensive, $300-500 or so, I would probably go on price. I wouldn't want to pay to have the unit repaired under warranty or have to replace it, but I can afford the price limit mentioned above.
Well, maybe, if we are not to assume that you went with the lower-priced model because you really can't afford anything else. You really want to save 20% to risk failure increase potential of 200%?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis