Denon 4700/outlaw 5000 amp (12 v Trigger)

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
So I just purchased the new Denon 4700 receiver hooked up to the Outlaw 5000 amp with the 12v mono trigger wir when I turn the receiver on or off the amp doesn’t come on I need to manual turn on.What I’m I doing wrong or is there a separate command in the set up of the Denon? Thank-You!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So I just purchased the new Denon 4700 receiver hooked up to the Outlaw 5000 amp with the 12v mono trigger wir when I turn the receiver on or off the amp doesn’t come on I need to manual turn on.What I’m I doing wrong or is there a separate command in the set up of the Denon? Thank-You!
If it is like Marantz, you have to enable the trigger in the set up menu.

I think those triggers are not always reliable though. One of my Marantz 7701s has a trigger that has never worked, it produces 0 voltage even when enabled. In its previous location I never used the trigger. But when I went to use it in the family room system it never worked, so I had to organize a work around.

I suspect the problem with those things is that they really are too a low a voltage. It would have been much better had they been 24 volt triggers. They have to keep a 12 volt relay closed and I suspect that the current required makes them prone to burn out. When I design a system to switch on amps, I use 24 volt relays, and have never had an issue.

The trigger on my other 7701 has worked fine though for years.

Hopefully yours just needs enabling as part of the set up. If you enable it and it still does not work check the voltage. If it has 12 volts then the problem is in the receiving unit. If it shows no voltage you need a work around, which is simpler than trying to fix it.

Last edited:
V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
1. Page 88 of the Denon 47 manual says a monaural mini-plug cable is required for connecting the TRIGGER OUT jacks. NOT stereo.

2. Page 180 indicates settings for the Trigger 1 and 2 out can be found under the General tab.

3. The Outlaw power button is already set to Trigger mode?

You might want to check these items?

Last edited:
Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
I'm using the Outlaw 5000x with the Denon x3700H - with the supplied trigger cable. I have the Outlaw toggle switch set to 'Trigger' (not Manual). Works reliably so far. When I power on the Denon - within about 3-5 seconds I hear the Outlaw fully power on. Nothing I had to program in the Denon to get the trigger to work.

Tony.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm using the Outlaw 5000x with the Denon x3700H - with the supplied trigger cable. I have the Outlaw toggle switch set to 'Trigger' (not Manual). Works reliably so far. When I power on the Denon - within about 3-5 seconds I hear the Outlaw fully power on. Nothing I had to program in the Denon to get the trigger to work.

Tony.
In my older Denon not using triggers, so wondered what default was and found all inputs/zones were set by default to on (going to setup menu>general>trigger out 1 or trigger out 2)

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
Thats interesting - I probably should have checked the manual before stating that.. In any case I guess it worked on the 3700 straight out of the box. The only thing I really did other than connect the trigger cable was switch the Outlaw's toggle.

Also - the blue LED on the Outlaw's power button dims slightly when its in standby mode (when I shut the Denon off). I'm also running the Monster Power Center HTS 3600mkII which has the power consumption LED. It seems to be accurately reflecting when the Outlaw powers down (I watch the amperage readout decrease to the original value before powering up). It must be drawing some nominal current to power the LED/etc but seems to be working as stated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thats interesting - I probably should have checked the manual before stating that.. In any case I guess it worked on the 3700 straight out of the box. The only thing I really did other than connect the trigger cable was switch the Outlaw's toggle.

Also - the blue LED on the Outlaw's power button dims slightly when its in standby mode (when I shut the Denon off). I'm also running the Monster Power Center HTS 3600mkII which has the power consumption LED. It seems to be accurately reflecting when the Outlaw powers down (I watch the amperage readout decrease to the original value before powering up). It must be drawing some nominal current to power the LED/etc but seems to be working as stated.
Manual doesn't specify power consumption in standby.....wonder why it needs standby at all....

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
12v trigger I’m using ..trigger out toggle switch Outlaw? (plugged in the back) into trigger #1 Denon.....went to manual setup in the Deno and it list twenty different trigger out settings I’m thinking it should be set to HDMI so when my projector/receiver/screen drops down it’s all connected? I know it’s a simple fix....thanks guys!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis