Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I see there is a configuration that allows me to bi-amp my front speakers, is there any benefit?
I agree with ryanosaur in that bi-amping as indicated by Denon wouldn't bring any improvement. It is passive bi-amping which doesn't provide any advantage unless the AVR amp power is inadequate. Even then, you would only gain 3dB by bi-amping two identically powered amps meaning that it would be hard to notice a difference.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I see there is a configuration that allows me to bi-amp my front speakers, is there any benefit?
This question has been asked and answered many times in many ways. I would say theoretical yes, but very little. Practically speaking any such benefits are most likely not audible to humans.

If you want your DM 603 S3 to sound their best, you should try to sit close to them if you want to listen at near reference level, otherwise even a separate 200/300 W power amp will clip if the music has high peaks say 15-20 dB or higher) contents. The thing is, never mind biamping the Denon that will still be limited by the same one power supply, even if you add a dedicated 250 W (8 ohms)/400 W (4 ohms) power amp to drive the mains, you willy gain no more than 3 dB or headroom.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Thanks everyone. Looking for that edge. Right now, for the hassle of it all I should have kept the 3500.
I connected the 4500 and couldn’t figure out what happened to the subwoofer. It’s on but lacking. I configured it manually because I didn’t want to run Auddessy when my other subwoofer arrived Friday
The receiver sounds like it’s playing the tv only amplified.
I ran Auddessey this morning, it gave me the dynamics but I have to turn it up to reference level to get good sound.
I still can’t get the bass performance I had previously. At one point the Auddessey tab was grayed out. The screen said i needed to run Auddessey to active that button.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks everyone. Looking for that edge. Right now, for the hassle of it all I should have kept the 3500.
I connected the 4500 and couldn’t figure out what happened to the subwoofer. It’s on but lacking. I configured it manually because I didn’t want to run Auddessy when my other subwoofer arrived Friday
The receiver sounds like it’s playing the tv only amplified.
I ran Auddessey this morning, it gave me the dynamics but I have to turn it up to reference level to get good sound.
I still can’t get the bass performance I had previously. At one point the Auddessey tab was grayed out. The screen said i needed to run Auddessey to active that button.
Is it a refurbished one by Denon? Regardless, to make sure the settings were not messed up, you should do a factory reset before running set up. The 4500 should work the same way as the 3500 except it has more channels, more powerful and some additional features.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
No indication it is refurbished. Auddessey is grayed out again. I will look into the reset.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Make sure everything is connected right and securely. (At all ends)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Currently watching Justice League on Directv. If I turn the volume up to -5 from reference the sound is amazing.
If I turn it to -15, the bass is too loud relative to the dialogue.
HOw do I even out the base response relative to volume?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Currently watching Justice League on Directv. If I turn the volume up to -5 from reference the sound is amazing.
Do you use Audyssey dynamic EQ? -if so try and turn it off and see if you like it. There is also an offset that can be used to tweak a bit how much bass it adds compared to the default volume reference.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Who knows what D* or the network broadcasting it has done to the audio but you might try using the RLO adjustments (Reference Level Offset) in conjunction with DynamicEQ (if you're using DEQ). Might depend on what you did with sub level settings post-Audyssey (again, assuming Audyssey is in use).

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Or if its just that one movie you can temporarily turn down the sub volume in the receiver a little.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Both reasons. Had lots of issues with both RX A3080 AND Yamaha tech.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Make me an offer via PM if you want. I’m in 95125 zip. Bought it in Aug. 88 and has all it came with.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Make me an offer via PM if you want. I’m in 95125 zip. Bought it in Aug. 88 and has all it came with.
You do know I was just jacking with you about the donate thing. But i am interested in it can't make a move until October. So if you still have it by than which I believe you won't cause it is a nice AVR. I'll PM you by the beginning of September.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
The unit or me, Ken (level 2 tech ) says its me. Never sent it in because they wouldn’t say how long I’d be without it. Been using it in my 5.1 system and it sounds fine. The issue is when I choose 9ch (without hooking more speakers up) it sounds very good but cuts out for 1-2 seconds then plays great again for awhile until it cuts out for 1-2 seconds again and keeps repeating that cycle. Tech said “ don’t play in 9ch without 9 speakers hooked up. Afraid if I sent it in they wouldn’t find anything wrong and charge me. So I just continue to use it ,’’plus I’m in a wheelchair and disconnecting , packing and shipping then waiting and unpacking and reinstalling would be a lot for me. I offered him to pay up front if he would send a replacement unit first but he refused.

Sorry for such a long reply. That’s the only thing I think that’s wrong with it. It’s in perfect shape otherwise.:rolleyes::oops:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis