Denon 2020 av-receivers

E

EBN

Audioholic
Not everyone reads AVSForum anymore. So let`s put up some leaked information. Here is what we got after couple videos were taken down:

Denon X6700H

Spezifikationen
  • 11.2-Kanal AV-Receiver mit je 205 Watt (13.2 processing)
  • Dolby Atmos
  • DTS:X und DTS:X Pro
  • IMAX Enhanced
  • Auro-3D
  • HLG, HDR10, HDR10+ & Dolby Vision
  • HDMI 2.1
  • 8K/60Hz & 4K/120Hz
  • 8K & 4K Upscaling
  • eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel)
  • VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)
  • ALLM (Audio Low Latency Mode)
  • HEOS-Multiroom-Audio
  • Musikstreaming (Spotify, Amazon Music HD usw.)
  • Google Assistant
  • Amazon Alexa
  • Apple Siri

Only one 8K HDMI input/output.

Official announcement friday or next week! What is intresting is the model numbers leaked. I asked from couple sources and got 4000 and 6000 ranges coming, but Denon Europe mentions 3700. There would be huge jump price wise from 3000 serie to 6000. Well hopefully this is not true.

X3700

Upgrade to high-powered entertainment with the Denon AVC-X3700H 9.2 channel 8K Ultra HD AV amplifier. Advanced HDMI section (7 in / 3 out) with a dedicated 8K input that will support 8K / 60Hz and 4K / 120Hz video pass-through and upscaling. Supports all 3D audio formats, including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS: X ™, DTS Virtual: X®, and IIMAX. eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports 3D audio formats directly from smart TV apps to the AV amplifier. HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) supports Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Deezer and more. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control. Includes remote monitoring support for custom integrators.

X6700

Upgrade to the ultimate home theater with this premium 11.2 channel 8K AV amplifier with 205W per channel that fully supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS: X®, DTS Virtual: X ™, DTS: X® Pro, IMAX® Enhanced and Auro-3D®. The AVC-X6700H also supports the latest HDMI specifications such as 8K / 60Hz and 4K / 120Hz pass-through and upscaling, VRR, ALLM, Dynamic HDR, HDR10 + and eARC support. HEOS Built-in wireless music streaming (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) supports Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Deezer and more. Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for seamless voice control.

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
It is my understanding that if the receiver has the new Dolby height virtualization program that Dolby will not allow cross upmixing using. I have the Denon avr x3600 and it doesn’t allow the DTS x up mixer to be used with a Dolby signal. I asked Denon about this and they told me that if a receiver has the new height virtualization Dolby will not allow for cross upmixing. I see that the 3700 Denon receivers have the new virtualization program on them so new owners might want to think about if cross upmixing is something they are interested in.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It is my understanding that if the receiver has the new Dolby height virtualization program that Dolby will not allow cross upmixing using. I have the Denon avr x3600 and it doesn’t allow the DTS x up mixer to be used with a Dolby signal. I asked Denon about this and they told me that if a receiver has the new height virtualization Dolby will not allow for cross upmixing. I see that the 3700 Denon receivers have the new virtualization program on them so new owners might want to think about if cross upmixing is something they are interested in.
Is this what you are referring to?
Or is there something new?

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Glad to see some life coming from DENON is regards to HDMI 2.1 support. I'm looking forward to the X3700. It will do nicely in my 9 channel Atmos gaming setup.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
It’s because of the new Dolby height virtualization program. Has nothing to do with what happened years ago. I believe it’s their new excuse to not allow DTS to upmix a Dolby soundtrack. I really hope that there is enough uproar over this like there was before so they would have to stop trying to monopolize the surround sound market by forcing you to only use their upmixer. IMHO of course

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It’s because of the new Dolby height virtualization program. Has nothing to do with what happened years ago. I believe it’s their new excuse to not allow DTS to upmix a Dolby soundtrack. I really hope that there is enough uproar over this like there was before so they would have to stop trying to monopolize the surround sound market by forcing you to only use their upmixer. IMHO of course
I tried to bring up this issue with others too because the AVS thread mentions that Denon didn’t do a firmware update to remove the restrictions after Dolby backed down.

And now we find out that on the same 3600 that center spread was removed from DSU Dolby Upmixer.

I’m a Yamaha owner but I still don’t like this Dolby bullying and Denon not standing up for their customers. If Denon gives in then Yamaha might follow.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
It’s my understanding that Dolby is forcing this. So I’m afraid all AVR manufacturers will have to follow.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Can you guys post something to help me understand what you are talking about, please? I still can't find anything after the dust up last year culminating in the link I posted above.
Thank you!

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Can you guys post something to help me understand what you are talking about, please? I still can't find anything after the dust up last year culminating in the link I posted above.
Thank you!
I tried explaining the problem the best I can. I don’t have the best vocabulary when it comes to explaining certain things. Maybe @snakeeyes has a better way to explain this. @gene I’m sure will surely have something to say about this as time goes by and more of the new receivers come out with “Dolby height virtualization “. Only the Denon 3600 has this new codec as far as I know. That’s why not many have ran across this issue. If someone is not interested in cross upmixing they have absolutely nothing to worry about because it’s a fantastic AVR otherwise.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I tried explaining the problem the best I can. I don’t have the best vocabulary when it comes to explaining certain things. Maybe @snakeeyes has a better way to explain this. @gene I’m sure will surely have something to say about this as time goes by and more of the new receivers come out with “Dolby height virtualization “. Only the Denon 3600 has this new codec as far as I know. That’s why not many have ran across this issue. If someone is not interested in cross upmixing they have absolutely nothing to worry about because it’s a fantastic AVR otherwise.
;) I get it... just can't find anything more. I do use my DTS settings sometimes on my older SR6012. but i'm hoping to be on a shorter path for upgrade. :)

Cheers, Cajun!!! :D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
All I know is the Denon 3600 owners thread on AVS Forum says that Denon hasn’t removed the upmixer restrictions yet.

I have no problem recommending 3500 or 4500 to people but I’m not going to recommend 3600. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Intrigue.

I'm a candidate for 13 channels, perhaps next year, if the right AVR/Processor comes along. Still strongly favoring the Mono HTP-1. But the Denon 6700 is in the Like Category for the time being.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do like the center spread feature. I don't have Dolby Surround (have a 4520) nor is it currently internet enabled....hopefully they're only removing it from Dolby Surround equipped avrs?! I don't like it and plan to write to Dolby and ask WTF they're doing with restricting uses of upmixers/removing center spread (even it's actually the same thing....I'm a bit confused on that now).

K

Knight77

Audiophyte
I am willing to change my AV Receiver and I was aiming to the Denon AVR-X3600H but as someone stated it's out of stock everywhere: you can just buy it from some reseller in Amazon (none of them looks like 100% rating) with high prices. Now my options are: buy the Marantz SR6014, which is like the Denon with different display, at 1.150 euro or wait the new Denon lineup but I'm afraid this means wait until september to actually see it available and pay more, which I am not so convinced about since my budget was around 900... Any suggestion? Thanks!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I am willing to change my AV Receiver and I was aiming to the Denon AVR-X3600H but as someone stated it's out of stock everywhere: you can just buy it from some reseller in Amazon (none of them looks like 100% rating) with high prices. Now my options are: buy the Marantz SR6014, which is like the Denon with different display, at 1.150 euro or wait the new Denon lineup but I'm afraid this means wait until september to actually see it available and pay more, which I am not so convinced about since my budget was around 900... Any suggestion? Thanks!
If you cannot wait, can you stretch our budget by $200? Its Denon factory refurbished but you still get a 3 year warranty.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well so far my SR6011 still has the center spread feature. Is this some retro update that's removing the feature because Dolby are being asshats?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis