What would you do.....

• Total voters
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Rookie Mistake. The right speaker was hooked up out of phase

Listening to 2.1 sounds much better
Right on!

As far as tone controls, the deftechs are very bright, treb is at 0 but bass at a +2.
My LFE on my pre/pro can only go down, starts at 0, -1,-2,-3 etc...
Your room is what's bright. Try to get heavier drapes, maybe even double them up. Reduce the reflected energy in the upper frequencies.

IMO, that pre-pro needs to be updated. Even the bottom of barrel mainstream AVR's have EQ capabilities. There's no excuse for a dedicated pre-pro with it absent.

F

FL81

Enthusiast

I just bought the outlaw 975 a month ago, brand new from outlaw lol.

I look at it this way, and I may be wrong, but I don't want "extra" signals or information to added to the music or movies that were not originally there. Yes, I will admit it helps, I've had two AVR that had this the before calibration and after was night and day.

I would have loved the Emotiva XMC-1, that has everything, but at $2500 for a pre/pro it was a stretch. I wanted to keep it around $1100-$1200 for 5 channel amp and pre/pro. I looked at the reviews of the Outlaw 975, gather my information and from this site too and bought it.

(http://www.audioholics.com/av-preamp-processor-reviews/outlaw-audio-model-975-pre)

I will admit, my 4 year old Yamaha rxv673 had a lot of bells and whistles, YAPO too(which worked great) but the 975, though bare-bones, has better sound, much better

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Even the bottom of barrel mainstream AVR's have EQ capabilities. There's no excuse for a dedicated pre-pro with it absent.
Don't you love it when companies like Bryston and Classe sell $10K pre-pro without Audyssey XT32 or other EQ and claim it's because they like to keep it "pure"? :)

Oh yeah, we have less features and it sounds better that way. :eek:

Get rid of the entire video circuit, charge another $10K because now the signal path is even shorter and the pre-pro is even purer. :D

Last edited:
F

FL81

Enthusiast
Don't you love it when companies like Bryston and Classe sell $10K pre-pro without Audyssey XT32 or other EQ and claim it's because they like to keep it "pure"? :)

Way out of my league but I'm picking up what your putting down. Maybe ill just go with a dedicated 2 channel setup.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja

Get rid of the entire video circuit, charge another $10K because now the signal path is even shorter and the pre-pro is even purer. :D
This could be my post in the 'what grinds my gears' thread.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis