Definitive Technology Big Bad Ass Demand Towers

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I have two dedicated Svs pb2000s. Even though the Def Tech towers has powered subs, its not the same as having true subs for bass. I wish I had the pb3000s but wasn't available on the market at the time. I have no complaints on the pb2000s. Are they one of the companies that fudges their specs too?
Good choice on the PB 2000's like it's been said SVS is one of the good companies they don't fudge specs. Have you talked to SVS about there trade up program it's possible you can trade up to the 3000's for a discount since you didn't know the 3000's were coming SVS treats there customers awesome it's worth a shot plus the 2000's are a good sub but the 3000 PB is something special very well reviewed here

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Good choice on the PB 2000's like it's been said SVS is one of the good companies they don't fudge specs. Have you talked to SVS about there trade up program it's possible you can trade up to the 3000's for a discount since you didn't know the 3000's were coming SVS treats there customers awesome it's worth a shot plus the 2000's are a good sub but the 3000 PB is something special very well reviewed here
That's a good point. They were willing to work with me on a trade up and it'd been over 2 years since I purchased the speakers. I ended up keeping what I have but it was very cool that they were willing to work with me. Oh, and I didn't even ask. It was offered!

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Interesting I was just looking at the new pro series and remembered the 1 year performance upgrade thing. My first sub is just outside the window but I bought the second last March so it’s been less than a year. I just emailed them will be interested to see what they say. Although when I put in the sound path isolators I used the wrong (too large) screw which pulled the metal grip right out so I certainly wouldn’t call it in “like new” condition :rolleyes:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Interesting I was just looking at the new pro series and remembered the 1 year performance upgrade thing. My first sub is just outside the window but I bought the second last March so it’s been less than a year. I just emailed them will be interested to see what they say. Although when I put in the sound path isolators I used the wrong (too large) screw which pulled the metal grip right out so I certainly wouldn’t call it in “like new” condition :rolleyes:
I guarantee you they will work with you they are awesome about keeping the customer happy although if I were in your shoes I'd not trade up to the 2000 pro that's more of a lateral move for you If trade up for the 3000 that is a hell of a sub

Another thought is to when or if your ready to flip your subs yourself you can make more that way then even the trade in allows and then use that cash to deduct off the 3000's

Any way you go is a win win plus what can it hurt to try?

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Well SVS is awesome. A) they’re giving me full upgrade credit even on the one I bought over a year ago. B) said they don’t mind about the metal screw insert I ruined. So to get the new pro series is going to run about $300. After all my recent speaker purchases I’m not comfortable with the extra $ to get the ported 3000. But I did ask the guys opinion on the sealed 3000 (which would only have added $200) but since most time is spent w movies the advice was to stick with the 2000 given more output <40 hz. I did pause thinking about the greater ease at which I’d be able to move them around the room and tuck them in corners for better speaker placement flexibility but ultimately I have no complaints with the performance in the current location. And guarantee a crawl would show they sound best somewhere I will not be able to keep them so I don’t even want to know hahaha. Bottom line, SVS customer service wins.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well SVS is awesome. A) they’re giving me full upgrade credit even on the one I bought over a year ago. B) said they don’t mind about the metal screw insert I ruined. So to get the new pro series is going to run about $300. After all my recent speaker purchases I’m not comfortable with the extra $ to get the ported 3000. But I did ask the guys opinion on the sealed 3000 (which would only have added $200) but since most time is spent w movies the advice was to stick with the 2000 given more output <40 hz. I did pause thinking about the greater ease at which I’d be able to move them around the room and tuck them in corners for better speaker placement flexibility but ultimately I have no complaints with the performance in the current location. And guarantee a crawl would show they sound best somewhere I will not be able to keep them so I don’t even want to know hahaha. Bottom line, SVS customer service wins.
That's badass bro congrats on the new upgrade only 300 for the dual pro's Damn I'm a little jelly

Yeah SVS has some of the best customer service I've ever had it's a big part of why I stayed with there subs when I could've got more bang for my buck elsewhere. They've treated me super well just like you do I'm loyal

Can't wait to hear your impressions on the new new pro lineup on the 2000's.

Congratulations!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis