Definitive Tech Speaker Owner's Thread

S

skasol

Junior Audioholic
Zuke said:
Been a Def Tech lover for years.
I will be getting a clr2300 for my center and some bp2x for 7.1 sides.
I love my Magnolia discount!!!
I also love the magnolia discount, just picked up the CLR2300 to go with my BP7004's, it sounds great, now I am just deciding which receiver to get.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
skasol,

I highly recommend the Yamaha RX-V1600/2600, if possible the 4600.

Second brand choice is Denon 2106 or 3806.

Bryce,

I set my main L/R to large (bass to main on my RX-V1300) and just use Z4 Series (banana plugs) from Monster Cable.

~Bob

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Bryce, it's tough to say what crossover setting for you to use because you didn't specify what kind of sub you are using with your setup. The 2002 is a pretty beefy center and you could run it full range (I would). I have A/B'ed my center A bi-wired (mid/hi) with a full range low level in from my reciever's center pre out (the manual states this is optimum) and also B my center bi-wired in a standard config (low/mid and hi with a jumper). To be honest, they sounded exactly the same. Use one less cable and go with the second option.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

skasol

Junior Audioholic
Khellandros66 said:
skasol,

I highly recommend the Yamaha RX-V1600/2600, if possible the 4600.

Second brand choice is Denon 2106 or 3806.

Bryce,

I set my main L/R to large (bass to main on my RX-V1300) and just use Z4 Series (banana plugs) from Monster Cable.

~Bob
thank you , I am unable to get that RX series but I have access to the HTR series I was looking at the HTR-5890 or the 5990, either would be an upgrade from my old 5590

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Sorry, missed that critical point - I don't have a dedicated sub, just using the powered sub in the towers. I have L/R/C all biwired (I bought 4 strand inwall speaker cable, so might as well).

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
Here'se my configuration;
*Mains (2002tl) set to large, single z series mc wire to each one. Sub vol @ 12 o'clock. Tried bi-wire and lfe to subs but found simple set up sounded best.
*center (clr2300) set to large using 10 ga canare cable.
*rears (bp2x) set to small usind 14 ga wire
*front effect (pro mon 80) set to small using 14 ga wire
*sub (svs 25-31pci) from lfe xover @ 60hz, volume set at 10 o'clock.

Last edited:
D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
I went to a home show last night and a local dealer had a mythos system set up. I must say I was impressed, as were the the other people in the room. Looks like they have another winner.

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Bryce,

my 7001's are run with subs at 11o'clock and wired with monster speaker cable only, no lfe in. They are about 3 ft. from side walls, 2 ft. from rear walls, about 10 degree toe-in. The two supercube references are set at about 11o'clock also, wired lfe in and -8db at processor, which is set to sub AND mains for bass output. Sunfire truesubwoofer mkii is set about 2o'clock. All subs crossed over at 60 hz. All other speakers set to small, handling bass 60hz and above. All wired with monster and regulated with monster avs2000 and avs3500mkii.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
skasol, seems lie he is stil having some slight issues, skasol if you see this post, repost the things you asked me on here to get some third party advice.

~Bob

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
rollinrocker said:
Bryce,

my 7001's are run with subs at 11o'clock and wired with monster speaker cable only, no lfe in. They are about 3 ft. from side walls, 2 ft. from rear walls, about 10 degree toe-in. The two supercube references are set at about 11o'clock also, wired lfe in and -8db at processor, which is set to sub AND mains for bass output. Sunfire truesubwoofer mkii is set about 2o'clock. All subs crossed over at 60 hz. All other speakers set to small, handling bass 60hz and above. All wired with monster and regulated with monster avs2000 and avs3500mkii.
This set up must really rock. I'll bet your neighbors are really envious when they are not pissed about how you set off their house and car alarms.

JHDEFTECH

JHDEFTECH

Audiophyte
Love to see a Forum for Definitive Technology Speakers.:eek:

I hooked up with RollinRocker a few years back and really got bitten by the Home Theater Bug.

As much as the RollinRocker upgrades it was easy for me to keep upgrading my system by purchasing his old (well cared for):) equipment. I also have added some new pieces of my own and have been very happy with the results. Here is a list of my setup.

Pics to follow......

System Components:
Toshiba 57HDX83 TV
Denon AVR-3805
Definitive BP20 fronts
Definitive CLR1000 center
Definitive BP2X surround
Definitive Studio Monitor 350 Rear

Subs:
Definitive Supercube I in the front
M&K MX200 in rear

DEF TECH RULES!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Zuke

Zuke

Junior Audioholic
Picked up my new center clr2300 and side surrounds BP2X today!! Woot!!

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Chukker,

Thats quite a setup you have there also. How are you running your references and how do you have them placed?

M

MAX661

Audioholic
I am selling my Def Tech BP7000sc Towers, CLR3000 Center and BPVX/P Rears. If anyone is interested PM me with an offer.

I would rather local pick up because these are heavy but if you are willing to pay for shipping then I can do that as well.

Also I only want to sell these as a package. I am located in Ottawa Canada.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
This is a HUGE opportunity to own some of the best speakers in existence. Someone should send him an offer on these babies post haste...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The Chukker said:
This is a HUGE opportunity to own some of the best speakers in existence. Someone should send him an offer on these babies post haste...
If they are so good, why is he selling them? ;) I keed. :)

Bob, you seem suprised...

SheepStar

M

MAX661

Audioholic
They are amazing speakers, and in there price point I thought they were the best I heard! they have provided me with some excellent movie/music enjoyment but the upgrade bug has come again.

I am planning on upgrading to 3 B&W 802D's across the front and I haven't decided which side/rears I am going for yet. These cost ALOT more than the Def Techs so I would say the def techs provide a better performance/value, but as with anything in this hobby if you want to upgrade to something 10-15% better you've gotta pay 40-60% more. That's just the way it is.

If anyone is interested send me a PM.

MAX,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis