Definitive sm55 bookshelfs Vs definitive bp6 towers

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
3 1
Would upgrading from the sm55s to the bp6 be worth it. I have looking at reviews and i am not sure.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
5,682 20 47
How could anyone tell you with so little to go on? Besides, you're the best judge since it's your setup and your money :) What do you think you'd gain with the BP6 model over your SM55s?

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
3 1
How could anyone tell you with so little to go on? Besides, you're the best judge since it's your setup and your money :) What do you think you'd gain with the BP6 model over your SM55s?
I don’t know if the bp6 would be better all around. I don’t have experience with tower speakers so I don’t know if these would change much for my system. If I got them I would probably take one of the sm55s and use it as a center which would be much better then my ProCenter 1000 from definitive. Would you think that the bp6 is a good upgrade path?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
5,682 20 47
I don’t know if the bp6 would be better all around. I don’t have experience with tower speakers so I don’t know if these would change much for my system. If I got them I would probably take one of the sm55s and use it as a center which would be much better then my ProCenter 1000 from definitive. Would you think that the bp6 is a good upgrade path?
Couldn't tell you much about DT speakers. Have heard nice things about the SM55/65s and their bi-polar speakers, don't think I've heard either (or they made no particular impression on me if I did). Knowing more about your room, speaker setup, and use might help understand what you're looking for. Why not just three SM55/65 across the front as another idea?

K

Kyle Braunlich

Junior Audioholic
Ratings
3 1
Couldn't tell you much about DT speakers. Have heard nice things about the SM55/65s and their bi-polar speakers, don't think I've heard either (or they made no particular impression on me if I did). Knowing more about your room, speaker setup, and use might help understand what you're looking for. Why not just three SM55/65 across the front as another idea?
I have a 19 x 9 ft room. Surrounds are sr9040 bipolar speakers. Pro sub 1000 and two pro monitor 1000s as Dolby Atmos top middle speakers. I was planning on the 3 sm55s but came across a good deal on the bp6s.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Overlord
Ratings
5,682 20 47
I have a 19 x 9 ft room. Surrounds are sr9040 bipolar speakers. Pro sub 1000 and two pro monitor 1000s as Dolby Atmos top middle speakers. I was planning on the 3 sm55s but came across a good deal on the bp6s.
Personally that DT "sub" looks to be the weak link at this point, I'd get a better sub to start.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
1,559 3
Personally that DT "sub" looks to be the weak link at this point, I'd get a better sub to start.
Completely agree... I was quickly dissuaded from pursuing DT subs by a DT salesperson!... He said an SVS PB1000 would be way better, and a PB 2000 epic in comparison. He was the first person to inform me about DTs inflated specs on output and FR.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
1,075 1 1
I can imagine moving the sm55 to center and adding bp6 as mains will still require a decent sub. You might replace the sub with a HSU VTF2 mk5.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis