Dedicated HT Project...

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Well I had started a thread in general AV section about this a few months back -- but now things have actually come to completion and the home theater project will move forward. I'm doing a dedicated media room for my father-in-law in their new home.

The room is 21' x 20' (approx.) with ten foot ceilings -- yes I know the sqaure room is less than ideal -- but plenty of thick carpet to help with the sound. This is a totally dedicated space and should be quite cool. The room is already painted a deep chocolate with chocolate carpet as well. Unfortunately there are 4 windows in the room, however they already have shutters installed and we will be adding chocolate curtains as well so light control won't be an issue.

The equipment list is as follows and most things have already been ordered:

Audio:

SVS MTS-02 Towers
SVS MCS-02 Center
2 SVS PB12+ DSP Subwoofers
4 Definitive Technology SR-8080BP Surrounds

Video:

Epson PRO 9700UB Projector
123" Stewart Luxus Deluxe Screenwall Screen w/StudioTek 130 G3 Material

Electronics:

Integra DHC-80.2 Pre/pro (Only component not ordered, still trying to decide)
Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray Player
Emotiva XPA-3 Amp
Emotiva UPA-5 Amp

Thats all the major stuff aside from accessories, remote, and the Salamander cabinet.

Should be a fun project -- I will get some pictures of the bare room up and update as things move along...

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
It should be awesome. You should go ahead and post pictures of the room even without the gear installed :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
It should be awesome. You should go ahead and post pictures of the room even without the gear installed :D
Agreed on both points. It should be a great system, and it would be fun to see before and after pics.

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Thanks guys -- I will most certainly be taking some pics of the room before anything starts to come in -- right now the only thing in there is the big sectional for seating. Gonna be fun -- but will certainly take a good couple days to get things set -- hopefully I can chip away at it as things come in. It looks like, at the moment, the most unkown factors are which AVR or Pre/pro I will choice and when the screen will be done at Stewart. Didn't know this but their screens are made to order. So with the holidays and all they are on limited production...

Oh yeah -- I didn't even put the screen size in the specs -- it's a 123" 16:9 screen....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis