Decisions... Hsu STF-2 or SVS PB10-ISD?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
9f9c7z said:
Thanks for the info. They look do-able, but unfortunately, they are only 24" tall. I need 30". Tried searching the web for other Dayton Audio/Dayton Speaker stands, hoping they have other sizes, but can't find any.
With the spikes, they are 26". IMO, within that range, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
So... What do you guys think goes better with those speaker stands -- Hsu STF-2 or SVS PB10-ISD? LOL. :rolleyes:

BTW I needed cheap but nice looking stands (in 31") for my Bostons (original plan was to buy two sets of my beloved CR75s for front LR and surrounds, til I got my hands on the B&Ws) and I wanted wood rather than metal, and I came across these sweet Sanus Systems wood stands for $34 at Amazon. They're BF-31B Wood Speaker Stands, available in several sizes, black only but they're really nice, well made stands. They were the only ones I could find for under like $90 in wood and most places have stands starting over $100. Nice deal.

9f9c7z

Banned
j_garcia said:
With the spikes, they are 26". IMO, within that range, you probably won't be able to tell the difference.
I was thinking the same thing. My goal was to keep all the tweeters in the same plane. Woman’s goal is to have all the pretty wood at the same eyeball height. She has calibrated, bionic eyeballs, but I’m thinking with a couple of those Aussie oilcans of Foster’s beer, she won’t be able to tell the difference, or hopefully won’t care anymore.
:)

I’m just up the road from you, in Oakland. Over by the shipping piers is the industrial section of town with lots of scrap boilerplate steel, welding, and toxic processes like plating and powder coating, etc. I was thinking about looking into having some stands made and getting some feet/spikes from Parts Express.

Einstein, I doubt there is $15 of new steel in a pair of spkr stands. The recycle value of steel is literally a penny/lb, or so I am told by the shipyards, so at 50lbs, those stands are worth 50-cents recycled. Fwiw, of the Sanus products I have seen, it's quality stuff, tho I haven’t seen their wooden spkr stands made of MDF, yet.

E

einsteinjb

Audioholic
9f9c7z said:
Einstein, I doubt there is $15 of new steel in a pair of spkr stands. The recycle value of steel is literally a penny/lb, or so I am told by the shipyards, so at 50lbs, those stands are worth 50-cents recycled. Fwiw, of the Sanus products I have seen, it's quality stuff, tho I haven’t seen their wooden spkr stands made of MDF, yet.
Hey, I was just joking about the thread going SO far off topic, while mentioning that I did find a great deal on some nice cheap wood speaker stands in case anyone's looking for such. :D I'm no speaker stand afficionado; I just wanted something with a half decent MAF (Maternal Acceptance Factor). hehe.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis