generalkorrd

generalkorrd

Audioholic Intern
That would be great if it were to actually happen, especially since store demos can be tricky. Yes I agree that you would start to get a feel for how the speakers perform, and heck I would appreciate a great store near me to try a few of these out, but my biggest concern is that usually in store demos are putting a lot more power through the speakers than I currently have.

When I heard the polk A9s they sound pretty good, but had about 400 watts per channel hooked up to them between the receiver and the amp. I don't have nearly that amount to put through them so I wonder how sound will be affected. Although at this point I don't think I'll be getting those anymore, I'm now leaning towards the philharmonics.
You just need to tell them to hook them up to a somewhat comparable reciever to what you have. If they are at all interested in making a sale, they will do that at the least. I wouldnt be surprised if the guy brings other comparable speakers over, so that you can a/b them right there. If you don't ask, you won't know. It only takes about 2 minutes to unhook a pair of speaks from an amp and hook them to a reciever that sits right on top of it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I agree I should have but at the time I was on vacation and merely browsing. Alas, having ones significant other who could care less about the audio needs of the home theatre enthusiast does not help. :eek:

In any case I am back home and places that carry these kinds of equipment, that I know of in any case, are not very close. Which is why I am trolling the audio forums looking for promising speakers in my price range. :(

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Well, speakers will provide enjoyment without the frustration :p

Unless of course you are something like a 5 or less handicap......

But then again nothing like a little fresh air.
Well, I'm a little better than scratch.. but the decision still sucks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis