Deal on Salk Veracity HT3’s

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@TankTop5

Find out if the seller who wants these HT3s gone has the amp that drove them. Maybe she wants that gone too.

I never owned HT3s, but they were said by others to be power hungry. Salk suggests 200 wpc for them.

Again, if Dennis Murphy is reading this, he could comment better on their real power needs.
I have a Monolith 7 that would just love to meet those speakers...

D

D Murphy

Full Audioholic
That HT3 used the Aurum Cantus G2 ribbon. It's built like a tank and has very smooth response. Later HT3's used the 70-20 RAAL. The woofer is a custom Acoustic Elegance 10". It went deeper in the larger cabinet the SS10 used, but it has lots of power handling and can crank it out at 30 Hz. Although that woofer automatically means low sensitivity, the impedance curve is very flat and doesn't dip below 4 ohms. I ran them with a 125-watt Van Alstine amp. Buy it. Enjoy it. Or flip it.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
She told me she does not have them hooked up because she does not have an amp that can drive them properly.
See D Murphy's response below. In case you didn't know, Dennis Murphy is the designer for most of Salk's speakers, including the HT3. His word on these speakers would be the final word. Good luck!
That HT3 used the Aurum Cantus G2 ribbon. It's built like a tank and has very smooth response. Later HT3's used the 70-20 RAAL. The woofer is a custom Acoustic Elegance 10". It went deeper in the larger cabinet the SS10 used, but it has lots of power handling and can crank it out at 30 Hz. Although that woofer automatically means low sensitivity, the impedance curve is very flat and doesn't dip below 4 ohms. I ran them with a 125-watt Van Alstine amp. Buy it. Enjoy it. Or flip it.

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
Tank, I live in COS. If you don't want them, maybe you can hook a brother up...

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
It's a multi-day drive for me, but at the right price I'll head out in the van.

Did we ever get a $ figure?

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
$2k but I’m pretty sure they’re already spoken for, two members of already put their hands up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It would be awesome to know that these ended up in the home of one of our AH friends! I hope we get updated, please! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis