Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Picked this up last night.
So far it's been pretty freakin spooky, and I haven't even gotten that far.
It's a 3rd person shooter and looks to be well done. The environment is very nice and some nasty surprises, like just after entering a "safe" looking room the lights fail and then the "your about to die" music starts. Different weapons than your standard shooter, most seem to be mining "tools". Just shooting the bad guys just doesn't work with them, you have to get messy...
Then there is the gravity boots, that takes some getting use to, not to mention working in a vacume.
There is also some downloadables on PSN, two suits, one free and the other a couple of bucks.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't know this was out yet. I thought it was supposed to come out on Halloween??? I'll definitely pick it up though. I bought RB 2 yesterday and spent all day playing that.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It got an average review by Playstation mag after they had given it glowing pre-release write ups. They said the tasks were all too similar throughout the game, making it a bit repetetive, but the sound, scares, and gore pretty much made up for its shortcomings.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I will be picking this up for sure....Thanks for the heads up..

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I really want to check this out. I think I'll probably pick up a used copy in a month or so.

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
I'm not one for horror games at all, but Gamespot's glowing 9.5 review has convinced me I must play this (Rent not buy though).

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I just bought this, I'll let you guys know what I think after I play it a bit.

I'm scared tho... :eek::eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They released the last "webisode" yesterday. I found the story to be fairly standard Sci-fi fare, but well done, and better than your typical game.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
So far its pretty good. I have nothing else to do until later tonight so I'm gunna keep playing.

The anti-gravity and time-warping stuff is really cool.

It is good for some jumps and the sound is really creepy.

I'm not sure there is much replay value though...

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
Well this game was going great for me, was really enjoying it. Up till the game of astroids, I have tried a dozen time and just can't get through this. I make it till just past "hang on one more minute" then I die, over and over again. I since quit and given up, can't belive they put something that stupid in there.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Well this game was going great for me, was really enjoying it. Up till the game of astroids, I have tried a dozen time and just can't get through this. I make it till just past "hang on one more minute" then I die, over and over again. I since quit and given up, can't belive they put something that stupid in there.
Yeah, that's retarded.

I'm getting kind of tired of the game:

Aliens. Something doesn't work. Aliens. Go fix it. More aliens. It's fixed. Oh no more aliens. Something else doesn't work... repeat. Then to break it up they throw in a random game of astroids.

C

chris6878

Audioholic
Yeah, that's retarded.

I'm getting kind of tired of the game:

Aliens. Something doesn't work. Aliens. Go fix it. More aliens. It's fixed. Oh no more aliens. Something else doesn't work... repeat. Then to break it up they throw in a random game of astroids.
lol yea it took me about 10 times to beat the asteroids, but just the way the game feeds my sub keeps me playing. Plus the weapons and the various monsters keep me going. I am enjoying this fame but I did hate that damn asteroid part.

Go to gamefaqs.com for some helpful cheats.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
Odd - the inclusion of the mini-games really made the game more enjoyable for me! I just finished it last night and I was highly satisfied. It was also a pure joy to "unlearn" the head-shot! LOL!
I highly recommend this game with a good home theater setup and NO LIGHTS. Also, follow the recommended brightness setting in the game, or else you are robbing yourself of the "creepy" factor of the game. The people who crank up the brightness just to see every little thing coming their way really annoy me.

Awesome ending! I wanna check out the prequel movie now. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That pretty much sums up the review of the game that I read. I still enjoyed the demo and found it to be a very well done game. The visuals are fairly unique and the sound is great.

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
That pretty much sums up the review of the game that I read. I still enjoyed the demo and found it to be a very well done game. The visuals are fairly unique and the sound is great.
It's definitely worth the buy - along with all the reasons you name, the story is pretty engrossing and the ambient sounds and effects are just stellar. The developers also leave quite a bit of goodies, easter eggs and hidden messages for you to pick up - so just "running and gunning" through the game won't give you much satisfaction.

As far as the reviews that say: "something broke...monster appear, repeat and rinse." Welll...it's all relevant to the character and situation. The Ishumura is broke - you're there to fix it....aliens pop up. However, if you pay the necessary attention to the main plot and the back-stories, the combat doesn't seem as tedious as they make it out to be.

Another great thing to try is whenever you see a new adversary - let it kill you the first time around. The game developers went through quite a bit to make some awesome animation sequences...some of them or downright sick!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis