DCM TP160S Bookshelf Speaker Deals

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
The TP-160s bookshelves are selling out too. The cherry ones are gone. I only see the black listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
Is 80hz good as a crossover setting for the TFE60s or do they dig any deeper?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is 80hz good as a crossover setting for the TFE60s or do they dig any deeper?
80 works pretty well for me. If you want to experiment a little higher (90-100 hz) might give you some better results. You can experiment lower too of course but I suspect you'll start missing some mid bass punch. They dig deep for a bookshelf in this price range, but they're still bookshelf speakers.

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
80 works pretty well for me. If you want to experiment a little higher (90-100 hz) might give you some better results. You can experiment lower too of course but I suspect you'll start missing some mid bass punch. They dig deep for a bookshelf in this price range, but they're still bookshelf speakers.
The manual that came with mine said specifically to set them to large in the AVR. I’m not ready to open that can of worms however.

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
The manual that came with mine said specifically to set them to large in the AVR. I’m not ready to open that can of worms however.
I'm going to try it out just to see... I like worms.

EDIT: Wife confirmed, bass is more pronounced throughout the house with fronts set to small :)

Last edited:
C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
Just cuts your subs off and lets the speakers play full range. You have a nice sub. You won't like it.
Is it weird to still be all giddy everytime a pronounced bass note hits?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm in a pretty good spot with everything right now actually. I mean I'm always going to want better speakers, but for what I can realistically afford I think I did pretty good. I'd have to spend quite a bit more to do better.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Was playing some vinyl and boy do these image well.
You are in-the-know concerning the "Dennis Murphy Mod" on these? I think it got linked into this thread, but the talk was over on "that other forum".

I have the 20 ohm resistors in-hand, and I own 2 pairs of the TP160.

I will most likely mod 1 pair to use as surrounds for my Philharmonitors, but not mod the 2nd pair and use as surrounds for the TP260 mains.

I'm also really curious if there is a similar mod for the 260.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You are in-the-know concerning the "Dennis Murphy Mod" on these? I think it got linked into this thread, but the talk was over on "that other forum".

I will most likely mod 1 pair to use as surrounds for my Philharmonitors, but not mod the 2nd pair and use as surrounds for the TP260 mains.

Slightly remember that. Does it tone down the highs? I did mod one pair that I never posted about. I installed a PE tweeter after accidentally blowing out the original tweeter and it smooth out the highs and none to little sibilance. Search ebay: Peerless BC25TG15-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Umm... yes please! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis