DCM TP160S Bookshelf Speaker Deals

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, those are bipole/dipole speakers, lol. Oops! Ha ha

*Edit: I barely looked at the pic. Is that your car?
Daughter's car. Fool was riding on somebody's ass Friday night on the highway. Wound up being a 3-car collision, with her in the rear. Nobody hurt at least. Just been a hassle, the usual insurance claims bullsh1t.

But that's a textbook reason why I keep full coverage on every car, regardless of age or mileage.

Right now my biggest issue is with Mama. You know how women get... see I have a real problem with "oh ok you fu**ed up, here's $6000 towards another car." I have a SERIOUS problem with that. I don't believe in rewarding failure. I just keep getting the same push back- "she's got so much on her plate right now! Work and school... and what if her insurance goes through the roof?" Yeah, so? And how many times was she fussed at about tailgating and swerving between lanes? Her best friend was in the passenger seat. Goes without saying that a few feet in one direction or another and somebody could be dead right now.

Nothing gets under my skin like "don't do that again, or... I'm going to tell you not to do it again!" used as a form of punishment. Ugh, weaksauce.

I think I've been combating depression this week with shopping. :p Buying stuff on impulse...

And on that note, the seller just accepted my offer on a pair of Cambridge SX60's. Let me go pay for those. I will send the DCM's back unopened.

/end rant

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
A lot of that is typical DIY attitude -- take some of it with a grain of salt -- Dennis calls the DCM tweeter a real good tweeter, and he says the measurements do not match his in some areas -- but nothing wrong with testing the tweeter, but also may need a crossover re-work with that tweeter

Very interesting! What is this BeastMode DX25 tweeter that keeps coming up? One of them said it's a perfect fit for the DCM.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So called BeastMode tweeter

M

MTSound

Audioholic Intern
So here’s a question for everyone considering an hsu sub is in the mix for my first setup ever

Dcm tfe 100’s and tfe260 lcr 3pc in black for $640

Or for $300ish more

Outlaw blsv2 monolith thx center and black tp160’s for rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So here’s a question for everyone considering an hsu sub is in the mix for my first setup ever

Dcm tfe 100’s and tfe260 lcr 3pc in black for $640

Or for $300ish more

Outlaw blsv2 monolith thx center and black tp160’s for rear
I think that would be the DCM TP260 with TFE100 -- the TFE series has greater definition and soundstage presence over the TP series. How did you plan to layout the TP260 and TFE100

The Outlaw BLSv2 is based off some Snell speakers I use to own -- there is not a $300 difference in sound .... however, you have some good options

M

MTSound

Audioholic Intern
I think that would be the DCM TP260 with TFE100 -- the TFE series has greater definition and soundstage presence over the TP series. How did you plan to layout the TP260 and TFE100

The Outlaw BLSv2 is based off some Snell speakers I use to own -- there is not a $300 difference in sound .... however, you have some good options

Apologies I meant pairing the tfe100 with the tfe60 bookshelf and center. Room is 14x19x8 with seating going to be 8-10” from listening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
DR/TL - for what I think is the best sweet spot on these DCM speakers, use the code "EARLYBIRD2019" and this link to get the DCM TFE100 towers for $225/pr (plus sales tax). These are towers from the next series above the TP160.

Okay guys, here is the deal!!!
Normally I am a bookshelf speaker guy, but cost is definitely a factor in that. If I can get a tower and an extra driver for roughly the same price, that is hard to walk away from (though Zieg might)!
I noticed that the cost of the TFE100 has dropped (pretty sure) because on ebay, it goes for $270/pr while the TP260 towers go for $260/pr!
As I recall is used to be $40 to upgrade to the TFE100 (which seemed like $40 well spent to me). At $10 it is truly a no-brainer.
Furthermore, the pair of TFE60 bookshelf speakers goes for $230 a pair, so the TFE100 is only $40 bucks more! $40 adds a true woofer in a 3-way tower! Reviews of the TFE100 are hard to come by, but the reviews of the TFE200 are pretty positive, so I don't believe I'd be stepping into crap if I went with the tower (this can be a problem if the drivers are crappy and the cabinet has lots of resonance - which is NOT my experience with the TP160 - I am generally impressed with the quality of DCM).
So I figure $270 for a pair of TFE100's is the deal to buy!

Next, I go directly to Pricedrightsales (the seller listed on ebay) because @huskie mentioned that he got a better price there. It is a mixed bag on how much better, but apparently the TFE100's are not moving so fast as they intended because they go for $250 on their site! (for example the TFE60 is $225 - only $5 less than the ebay price and the TP260 is $260 - same as ebay and $10 more than the TFE100!). Shipping is free!

Furthermore they have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday code on the home page offering 10% off on any purchase over $50! So that gets the price down to $225/pr. for the TFE100 towers (with the TFE60 bookshelf speakers at $202.50/pr). Kind of insane to be getting these towers for $112.50 each, and I'll wait until Thursday to take advantage of the extra 10% off ... because that is the kind of guy I am!

I often stay up past midnight, so I activate the Chat function and asked if the code would go active immediately after midnight, he said "yes" and asked me what I was interested in. This is where I get a little cagey, some businesses are out to play games with you and others not so much. However, if they did something like raise the price on me just before the sale, it would not be that big of a tragedy for me to say "forget it", so I told him I wanted the DCM TFE100's. He asked me to wait a second and then told me I was "good", they had plenty of stock for this speaker and it is not likely to sell out before the weekend. I said thanks, and he said "hold on" and came back after talking with some guy in marketing and told me he asked if they could make a code for me to use today if I wanted, and they did! Nice, no concerns about maintaining a "midnight vigil" to get my order in!

I said "cool", told him I was on an audio forum and would like to share the code if it will continue to be effective and if it would not be a problem. He said they would appreciate any publicity/referrals and the code will stay in effect until midnight of Cyber Monday. It is good for 10% off any order that totals over $50:

10% off promo code: EARLYBIRD 2019
(The capital letters do matter)

Here is link to page:

Note: In 2007 MSRP was $1000/pr for the TFE200 (which has dual 6.5 woofers - instead of one),so I would expect the MSRP on the TFE100 to be around $800. I did have to pay about $13 for sales tax, so my end price was ~$238/pr.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The TFE100 use to be $399.95 each when they first came out ... they are 45 lbs each.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Okay guys, here is the deal!!!
Normally I am a bookshelf speaker guy, but cost is definitely a factor in that. If I can get a tower and an extra driver for roughly the same price, that is hard to walk away from (though Zieg might)!
I noticed that the cost of the TFE100 has dropped (pretty sure) because on ebay, it goes for $270/pr while the TP260 towers go for $260/pr!
If I did not already have the bookshelf speakers -- then I would go for the towers -- the TFE100 towers on the Ebay closeout were around $349 a pair ... so due to slow sells, it looks like he is continuing to lower the price.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The TFE100 use to be $399.95 each when they first came out ... they are 45 lbs each.
My $800/pr estimate was too close! I probably saw it somewhere when I was poking around trying to find some measurements.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
My $800/pr estimate was too close! I probably saw it somewhere when I was poking around trying to find some measurements.
The more I want to try and not like the TFE60, the more I tend to like them -- while more expensive speakers have more definition, The TFE series still are transparent, and I am a fan of the soundstage. I think they got what they could out of the drivers, and Mitek (DCM) built the drivers

A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
Goto their website www/pricedrightsales/com and use their BF code BFCM2019 for a 10% discount.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Goto their website www/pricedrightsales/com and use their BF code BFCM2019 for a 10% discount.
Does it work now? I tried it earlier today and they said it would not be active until Thursday, but they may have decided to go ahead and make it active.
If not, code: EARLYBIRD2019 does the trick.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The more I want to try and not like the TFE60, the more I tend to like them
I heard the term 'Surprisingly Adequate' used on TV regarding a different matter but it stuck with me and I have heard my fair share of speakers that fit that description. I still have a pair of I guess Infinity P140s (smallest Primus bookshelf) and they're strong competition for much better speakers (when played within the limits of the bookshelves).

The other obvious conclusion is that I'm relatively easy to please with speakers.

Money For Nothing sounds good on anything (almost).

Goes without saying that a few feet in one direction or another and somebody could be dead right now.
At least this way you can have the satisfaction of killing her yourself for 'not listening'.

Last edited:
A

alwaysflatulent

Audioholic Intern
Does it work now? I tried it earlier today and they said it would not be active until Thursday, but they may have decided to go ahead and make it active.
I not code: EARLYBIRD2019 does the trick.
Interesting.
Contact their customer service. I was told BFCM2019 was their BF code and they let me use it early. They are usually pretty responsive over chat.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The more I want to try and not like the TFE60, the more I tend to like them -- while more expensive speakers have more definition, The TFE series still are transparent, and I am a fan of the soundstage. I think they got what they could out of the drivers, and Mitek (DCM) built the drivers
Look here:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis