M

mparta

Audiophyte
Do you (does anyone) actually know where to get new grill cloths for old Time Windows?

G

gib

Audioholic Intern
Timewindow grill cloths

Actually, the grill cloths for Timewindows are actually filter material used for Airconditioners. I ordered replacements from Graingers, the material is sold by the foot, can't remember how wide it was but it was really easy to trim it, install it and they look brand new.

G

gwdriver

Audiophyte
DCM was founded in Ann Arbor, Michigan by Steve Eberbach. He sold the name and the company to MiTek Corporation. Google them for contact info. They have all parts available for any DCM speaker. They tried to revamp the speaker line and in my opinion ruined it. I have 2 pairs of DCM speakers. I bought them at Nobody Beats The Wiz in 1994 when they went bankrupt. I bought a pair of Timeframe 1000's and Timeframe 600's for $700.00. I still use them on a daily basis. They look and sound like the day I brought them home. Have the original boxes and literature. I have had several people try to buy them recently for more than I paid for them but I will not part with them. Good DCM speakers are a rare find and have a sound that is simply amazing!

A

audiogup

Audiophyte
I am a new subscriber, but have been an audiophile for years. I bought the Time Windows in the early 70's and still have them! They are next to Infinities on my home theater system. I originally had the TW's as presence speakers, but switched to the TW's as mains !

I also bought DCM's QED speakers back then. Not as awesome as the TW's, but still impressive. Still use them,too.

Keep 'em if you can!

J

jag1990

Audiophyte
dcm

I have the following I would sell if anyone is interested and can send pics if you would like

timewindows 3
tf 250
tf 350

thanks

D

dfont

Audiophyte
Just ran accross this thread - I've enjoyed a pair of Timewindow 7's for probably 17 years or so and wondered what kind of market there would be for them, though I don't plan to sell. I couldn't find anything on ebay.

They work so well with my 10w tube amp, it's incredible; being 4 ohm speakers, it makes an awesome match. These are near mint in piano black and I think just a wonderful experience.

G

gib

Audioholic Intern
Seems like this thread has been quite for a while, thought I'd update a bit.

With the unboxing of my Transcriber turntable and re-creating my old system, I have moved the my TimeWindows to what is now my dedicated analog system in my office. All I can say is WOW!!!!!

With the TimeWindows being dedicated to the Home Theater and mostly used these days for watching video, DVD's and CD's I really have not had them hooked up to a 2-Channel amp with as much power and presence as my old Rotel RA13-12. I am just blown away by how incredible my old vinyl sounds. Every alblum I just sit and listen to, just amazing. I am in audio bliss!!!

S

Sleez

Audiophyte
i have recovered my Timewindows a couple times, just go to a fabric store, and get a double knit material that stretches nicely in both directions.

measure twice, have someone sew a seam to make a tube, and slip/roll em on, then remount the end plates, and good as new!

i'll get some pics of mine up later.

i bought them new in 88 or so, and they still sound amazing!!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
i have recovered my Timewindows a couple times, just go to a fabric store, and get a double knit material that stretches nicely in both directions.

measure twice, have someone sew a seam to make a tube, and slip/roll em on, then remount the end plates, and good as new!

i'll get some pics of mine up later.

i bought them new in 88 or so, and they still sound amazing!!
Yes, pics plz :p

bksanders

bksanders

Audiophyte
So is it considered acceptable to reply to a thread this old?

If so, could some kind soul assist me in id’ing these DCM Time Windows?

I don’t see them (url’s not for newbies)… here (DCM Manuals)

I’m guessing 1, 1A’s.

BB2DF93A-1366-41F6-9803-7631E491985D.jpegC119B985-E6AA-4EB7-A3C6-62DC48E3794C.jpegC3D8F2EB-9725-484D-8573-9C39CB5E81A8.jpegA29B04C3-1533-48D6-B294-AA39473439B4.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis