Dayton Audio & Monoprice Raise the Bar on Budget Tower Speakers

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Dayton Audio and Monoprice have just released two new tower speakers at price points that will considerably stiffen the competition for entry-level speakers of their type. Both models are based on popular bookshelf speakers in their respective line-ups, so releasing these tower speaker models rounds out their product lines for those in the market for floor-standing speakers. The bookshelf speaker models were given full reviews in Audioholics as well, so we have an idea of what to expect from these new tower speakers. The Monoprice MP-T65RTs can be had for an $140 for a pair shipped, and the Dayton MK-442Ts can be had for $230. This is great news for audiophiles whose ears are bigger than their wallet: good sound can be had without breaking the bank!
READ: Dayton MK-442T and Monoprice MP-T65RT Preview

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Some interesting entry level speakers I have to say. Thanks Shady J, as always looking forward to it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dayton Audio and Monoprice have just released two new tower speakers at price points that will considerably stiffen the competition for entry-level speakers of their type. Both models are based on popular bookshelf speakers in their respective line-ups, so releasing these tower speaker models rounds out their product lines for those in the market for floor-standing speakers. The bookshelf speaker models were given full reviews in Audioholics as well, so we have an idea of what to expect from these new tower speakers. The Monoprice MP-T65RTs can be had for an $140 for a pair shipped, and the Dayton MK-442Ts can be had for $230. This is great news for audiophiles whose ears are bigger than their wallet: good sound can be had without breaking the bank!
READ: Dayton MK-442T and Monoprice MP-T65RT Preview
I like the look of those Monoprice Towers what size of woofer do they use?

|\/4n

Enthusiast
"Watch out Revel, Paradigm, SVS and Klipsch as that day may be coming sooner than you think."

This day has come. I own two subs: one $699.99 from SVS - SB-2000 and another $499.99 from MP - Monolith by Monoprice 10" THX Select Certified. SVS is 12'' sealed; Monolith is 10'' ported design. Both subs are 500W RMS.
So I had a good chance to compare these subs head to head. In my opinion, Monolith's sub is much, much better performance and value than SVS SB-2000. Don't get me wrong - SB-2000 is great sub, but Monolith 10'' THX Select is simply amazing.

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
a ribbon tweeter seem a good thing, i hope i listen someday and monoprice market a lot of ribbon speakers at low prices. anyone can buy a pair online just for fun and if your not satisfied it doesn' matter as you pay few.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
a ribbon tweeter seem a good thing, i hope i listen someday and monoprice market a lot of ribbon speakers at low prices. anyone can buy a pair online just for fun and if your not satisfied it doesn' matter as you pay few.
Not all ribbons are created equal, i'm afraid. The great ones are amazing, and the others... just depends. Martin Logan Motion speakers sounded very nice, for example, but not better than Raal tweeters. There are many others that may or may not match up. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis