GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You were invited but you never showed up.

You will have no desire to come now. I know it will be a disappointment to you DIY'ers but I went back to commercial subs. Call me crazy but I like the simplicity and less gear.

Since there are more subs now, I hope they can come close the the Dawg Crusher, I guess time will tell since they are in shipping right now.
So what did you get to replace it?

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
Ahhhh nice... more stuff for my neighbor... :)

Congrats - I'll suggest you start keeping your eyes peeled for a bigger amp... 4000w outta do it...

That should get that baby to sing quite nicely...
You are a bad influence Warp! :D I'll see how it goes with the 2500 and how much of my tax refund is left after paying for grad courses. My space isn't that big and the Dawgcrusher is probably overkill, but we all know this hobby isn't about what you need. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Let's just hope it is not in a million pieces when it gets there.

My new system consists of 67 Bose Acoustimass 10's. I placed one every 4 inches in the room.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

You will have no desire to come now. I know it will be a disappointment to you DIY'ers but I went back to commercial subs. Call me crazy but I like the simplicity and less gear.

Since there are more subs now, I hope they can come close the the Dawg Crusher, I guess time will tell since they are in shipping right now.
Well you do have a pool. :D Someone has to put the Dawg out of his Misery for selling the DawgCrusher.:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

I understand you're reasoning. But wouldn't a pair of JL Audio 8w7s with 500 watt bash amps have been a better compromise.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I went back to commercial subs. I like the simplicity and less gear.
... wouldn't a pair of JL Audio 8w7s with 500 watt bash amps have been a better compromise.:D
Hmmm ... somebody doesn't understand 'commercial' or 'less gear' but fails to mention table saw, router and industrial size bottle of glue. :rolleyes:

Don't worry though. Chances are that any sub he gets is gonna be a weak sister leaving Greg feeling like he bought a Boze Bass Module ... again. :D

He'll be back for more DIY and more gear ... way more gear. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis