Y

ysmmi

Audiophyte
Hello everyone!

I currently run a set up where I can play youtube video karaoke songs going into a mic mixer and then output that sound to my receiver with the help of a DAC in between those connections. My problem is, I have to turn up the volume very loud compared to if I plug my tv into my receiver directly as suppose to using the DAC. The audio sound very distorted as well. So I'm trying to figure out if its the mixer's problem or the DAC? I bought the DAC on amazon (link below). If you guys think its because of the DAC or the mixer, are there recommendations for a higher quality one that would solve this issue?

DAC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KNNSKV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you!

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
If your mixer outputs digital why not just let the receiver handle it. Probably easier and better to connect the mixer to the coax or optical input on the receiver.

Its very possible you dont output a loud enough signal from the mixer which will heighten the noise floor a lot and make you need to turn the volume up a lot with the receiver. The TV most likly outputs a full line out signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

sbristle

Audiophyte
I've had great success using a stereo mixer as a preamp for my powered 2.1 speakers--and I've experimented with many alternative setups. You can achieve high quality sound without breaking the bank. (System: SYNic SPDIF/Toslink Switch to connect TV/CD/XBox, Schiit Audio MODI 3+ DAC, BBE Sonic Maximizer--not necessary, but cheap and useful, Mackie mixer, JBL LSR 305s & 310s sub. Using my home PC to play FLAC audio files (in addition to the other audio sources), I have incredible sound superior to systems costing MUCH more for just barely over $1,000 (cables included, but excluding all sound sources like CD player, TV, XBox, PC). It isn't an elegant-looking system, but it sounds great and has a great deal of flexibility.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis