CV19 Business "Fatalities"

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I tried to make a catchy title, I'm writing about smaller companies which are going out of business because of the pandemic. For example I recently had a small problem with a cell phone app called "Automatic", it includes a device which plugs into the maintenance port of the car, uses bluetooth, and gives data on how many miles one drives, a map of the route, where one fills up with gas, etc. So I send a complaint to them, they reply ' were going out of business end of month because few cars are being sold, etc.

I'm sure many of the app developers who once worked for the company will find jobs someplace else.

Have you seen your favorite restaurant bite the dust lately? I wonder if used record stores will die?

-----------

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Let's hope the opened doors are equivalent to the closed doors instead of the dragons gobbling up their positions instead.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I've seen several small business with For Rent signs in the windows since the shutdowns started. One place that sticks in my head was a restaurant that got a good write up that opened literally a week before everything was closed. The owners sunk so much into it and then got caught up in this mess.

I'm trying to support the small local independants when I can. Place 3 doors down from my shop opened back up for take out during the week and dine in Friday-Sunday. They got hit hard because a good portion of their clients were elderly who would meet up for breakfast with a group of other retirees. One of those family style places where you definitely do not go hungry! Dang, you got me thinking about doing take out for lunch now...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've seen several small business with For Rent signs in the windows since the shutdowns started. One place that sticks in my head was a restaurant that got a good write up that opened literally a week before everything was closed. The owners sunk so much into it and then got caught up in this mess.

I'm trying to support the small local independants when I can. Place 3 doors down from my shop opened back up for take out during the week and dine in Friday-Sunday. They got hit hard because a good portion of their clients were elderly who would meet up for breakfast with a group of other retirees. One of those family style places where you definitely do not go hungry! Dang, you got me thinking about doing take out for lunch now...
Same here.

What's real crazy is there is one restaurant in town had to hire MORE people because their take out business got so popular.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis