Current Set-up and ARC Crossover Settings

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Glad things are sounding better to you! Does ARC show you the image of the test results, at all? Might be interesting to share. :)

I might have missed this elsewhere, but what are the dimensions of your room? How far do you sit from the speakers, and what is the distance between speakers?

For me, the next step would be understanding that dip. If its floor bounce or a standing wave... Your speakers should be mostly out of the way at that frequency, though they are still going to be contributing energy at 100Hz... This leads me to think about placement and such... especially with your subs. You won't necessarily get rid of that dip, but it is absolutely possible to minimize it! :cool:

Cheers!
I would also spend some time with rew to see what can be verified. AFAIK, that dip could be from a reflection off the couch to the mic. Maybe when they said dip they meant roll off? Cause you’re right, his speakers would be largely gone.

H

hifihillbilly

Junior Audioholic
I'm not going to react with a knee-jerk reaction to Anthem's response (or lack of) but I am seriously considering sending it back. However, I am not sure I can do any better AVR under $2k. The Yamaha RX-A3080 was my second choice or the Integra 4.2 or 5.2. Of course this would be a discussion best posed in the AVR forum.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm not going to react with a knee-jerk reaction to Anthem's response (or lack of) but I am seriously considering sending it back. However, I am not sure I can do any better AVR under $2k. The Yamaha RX-A3080 was my second choice or the Integra 4.2 or 5.2. Of course this would be a discussion best posed in the AVR forum.
I wouldn't ditch the AVR unless there is something else you dislike. I've heard great things in general about Anthems stuff, and they are the leader in my own unofficial not-yet-started, long term upgrade plan. ;)
In fact, several guys here seem to prefer ARC over Audyssey , YPAO, and any of the others... with the exception of Dirac Live being the gold standard.
Regardless, the acoustical properties are something easily experimented with and tested... For Free! :) Just cost a little labor, patience, and willingness to test repeatedly.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m sure the AVR is ok. My hunch is a measurement anomaly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you share the details of your measurement method/setup?

B

Bunion

Enthusiast
I have attached a picture of my current set-up and ARC crossover settings. I am not an audio engineer but the crossover settings seems unusually high. Anthem says crossovers does not too far off. Joe with RSL agrees they are way off. What do you guys think? I know THX says 80 Hz for crossover. But does this work with smaller speakers such as the GE SS3's?
I have also set up a profile using my SPL meter as well.

Current gear includes....
- Anthem MRX-720
- Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2 Amp
- Sony UBP X-800 4k Blu-Ray
- LG OLED65C9PUA
- GoldenEar SuperSat 3's @ L/C/R and surrounds
- 2ea. RSL C34e ceiling-mount height speakers
- 2ea. RSL Speedwoofer 10S subs

The area is open to the left and behind

View attachment 30019View attachment 30020
IMHO would get front speakers with at least 6.5" mid bass drivers. Cross over lower and let the subwoofers do the low down dirty work !!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis