Curious why JL E112 not in any recommended system

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Just curious why the JL Audio E112 received such a good review but I don't see it listed in any of the recommended systems. Did I miss it? Is it the price?
Those systems can use a refresh if I could find someone to do it ;) The JL E112 is right up there with any system we put a SVS SB13-Ultra in. Both are very similar in form and price with the edge going to SVS for value. I use 2 E112's in my family room system and love them!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Those systems can use a refresh if I could find someone to do it ;) The JL E112 is right up there with any system we put a SVS SB13-Ultra in. Both are very similar in form and price with the edge going to SVS for value. I use 2 E112's in my family room system and love them!
Steve ain't doing much...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not many,either or both imo.
You can check yourself at data-bass.com where UM-18/HT-18 (not the newer DS4) and JL112 have been tested....while not bad for a 12", I wouldn't really expect it to keep up with a significantly larger driver with sufficient amp in a larger box either. For a small sub no slouch.

morca

morca

Enthusiast
You can check yourself at data-bass.com where UM-18/HT-18 (not the newer DS4) and JL112 have been tested....while not bad for a 12", I wouldn't really expect it to keep up with a significantly larger driver with sufficient amp in a larger box either. For a small sub no slouch.
Dattabass test output,no SQ.You go for more power.
Not for more detail from the JL sub.

I build my own JL sub,s,havent heart a driver that come,s so close as you say.

My opinion ;-)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

My opinion ;-)
Data-bass tests a variety of metrics which can be translated to possible sound quality if you know what you're looking at.

FYI.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

My opinion ;-)
I like the subs I've built, too :) They're just larger and in multiples, not so much about power, but they are capable when asked. I've got no lack of detail. Which of the 18"s have you heard?

ps Sorry for the offtopic stuff....maybe we should continue this in private....or not.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

My opinion ;-)
data-bass tests sound quality as well as power.

R

Ron Bates

Enthusiast
I am new to posting. I have read and listened to different reports on using a single vs. multiple subs and realize Audioholics recommends two or more subs. I am considering two JL-E112 subs for my home theater room which is about 2650 cu ft. ( 15w X 22 L X 8 h) rectangle. There are ABS tube traps in the corners of the room. I have the Sopra 2's as L & R + the Focal center channel. My home theater is DTS-X - Dolby atmos 11.2.4 system. I like the way the JL sub sound. Another thought is to have one JL F112 sub which has a built in EQ. So my question is using one F112 with EQ take the place of using 2 E112 subs for smoothing out the base? Or perhaps better yet use one- F113 sub with EQ to smooth out the base? The objective is to have good base response across my couch area and chairs behind.
your thoughts?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am new to posting. I have read and listened to different reports on using a single vs. multiple subs and realize Audioholics recommends two or more subs. I am considering two JL-E112 subs for my home theater room which is about 2650 cu ft. ( 15w X 22 L X 8 h) rectangle. There are ABS tube traps in the corners of the room. I have the Sopra 2's as L & R + the Focal center channel. My home theater is DTS-X - Dolby atmos 11.2.4 system. I like the way the JL sub sound. Another thought is to have one JL F112 sub which has a built in EQ. So my question is using one F112 with EQ take the place of using 2 E112 subs for smoothing out the base? Or perhaps better yet use one- F113 sub with EQ to smooth out the base? The objective is to have good base response across my couch area and chairs behind.
your thoughts?
You can do better with cheaper subs and mini dsp. You should make your own topic about it to get better answers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis