Curiosity Question regarding Car Audio Speakers

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
Greetings . . .

I'm wondering of someone can either answer this question (albeit a rookie question) or even point me in the right direction . . .

Question: Do car speakers exist where can wire them w/ your vehicle's factory system (thikning older vehicles w/out all the tech abilities; like my 2012 Silverado) . .. anyway, I was wondering if there exist speakers that (in addition to connecting like normal speakers; but also carry the ability to stream music directly from a smart phone . . .does that make sense?

Thanks to anyone willing to consider my post.

Regards,

Shek

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Check out crutchfield.com
they sell / advise car audio.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The speakers should be able to be swapped out easily. The functions you cite are of the head unit, not the speakers

Shek5150

Shek5150

Audioholic
The speakers should be able to be swapped out easily. The functions you cite are of the head unit, not the speakers
Thanks Lovinthehd, I figued that was the case as I've never seen what I'm describing (but I also know virtually nothing about car audio) . . . I just thought it'd be very cool if this type of speaker existed & I could simply swap out speakers & not the actual reciever unit .. . this would seem like a more cost effective option for older vehicles that do not have current tech onboard . . (does that make sense?) . . in any case, thanks for taking the time to reply.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks Lovinthehd, I figued that was the case as I've never seen what I'm describing (but I also know virtually nothing about car audio) . . . I just thought it'd be very cool if this type of speaker existed & I could simply swap out speakers & not the actual reciever unit .. . this would seem like a more cost effective option for older vehicles that do not have current tech onboard . . (does that make sense?) . . in any case, thanks for taking the time to reply.
There are some steps to matching them in terms of impedance/amp but a car stereo shop should be able to advise you easily enough and do the installation....what happened to the old speakers?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis