Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You ought to do a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon during June, July and August (the three months I have gone on these)-after the Sun beats down on the walls made of dark stone and the guides pull off to camp for the night on the side that WAS in direct sunlight, it was freaking brutal. The temp was the highest I have ever experienced and in the open, it was around 110°F, which wasn't so bad but with the rock radiating heat, it had to be closer to 125°F. The good thing- we could always go into the river to cool off in the 48°F water. Still trying to retrieve a couple of things.
That sounds pretty horrible, lol. Then have 48° water to cool off in. That had to be a shock.

I know out here even deep in-ground cement ponds can get so warm that jumping in them does nothing to help cool you off. Being in the pool feels the same as being out of it. A lot of folks use sprayers at the edges to aerate the water (think swamp cooler) and help keep it cool enough to want to swim in.

This is the only place I've lived where it can get too hot to go swimming.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That sounds pretty horrible, lol. Then have 48° water to cool off in. That had to be a shock.

I know out here even deep in-ground cement ponds can get so warm that jumping in them does nothing to help cool you off. Being in the pool feels the same as being out of it. A lot of folks use sprayers at the edges to aerate the water (think swamp cooler) and help keep it cool enough to want to swim in.

This is the only place I've lived where it can get too hot to go swimming.
The heat was bad, but it was a bit breezy, so it was like being in a convection oven and since it was dry heat......

It was only that one night- the rest of the days in the three trips were hot, but not terrible and we weren't there to be super-comfy. Sure was easy to forget the BS of daily life, though.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That sounds horrible, but also fun.
It wasn't a matter of being sent into the desert to survive- that would have been rough. The scenery, the experience and the group I was with were the high points. I got some great photos, too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis