Crackhead Thiefs Stole My F150, ARGH!!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
AH'rs,
I am just getting calm enough to write about this without over use of language my teachers banned long ago. On 19 Feb I went outside at 0530 to go to work, only to find broken window glass on my driveway where the 1994 Ford F150 I inherited from my father used to be. It was an unusual truck build. Only my Dad would order a standard cab with an I-6, manual transmission, and dual fuel tanks in Eddie Bauer XLT trim. Kind of a Beverly Hillbillys kluge of options, and in 14+ years until he died, he only put 30k miles on it keeping garaged on his ranch most of the time.

Filed a report with the local sheriff's department and pretty much never expected to see the truck again. Then on 23 Feb, much to my surprise, received a call from the sheriff department they had retrieved the truck. The SD did not catch the POSs, but did gather lots of DNA and fingerprint evidence; they suspect an older male (per the SD, young thugs don't drive sticks) and possibly a female due to the hair care items they found.

The worthless, crack/cigarette smoking POSs had got it stuck in the mud while burgling a CHURCH, they abandoned the vehicle and the items they just stole. The POS low lifes (LLs) stole what appeared to be pretty worthless stuff from the Church's shed (wheel barrels, shovels, post-hole diggers, propane tanks, etc.). Poetic/cosmic justice on the outcome on that burglary attempt!

The truck is at the body shop getting repairs for the steering column ignition/lock, broken window, one flat tire, and dents on the tail gate. Will also have to replace the DiamondBack aluminum locking truck bed cover the LLs removed. Being a neat-freak non-smoker, the real challenge will be to get the filth and stink out of the cab. Insurance company is springing for a detail, so that should help.

Great lady I am married too says if we can't get the stink out she will fund a refurbished interior (she's a keeper!).

Time to install video surveillance on the house, already have the requisite arsenal to protect the family.

Very steamed,
XEagleDriver

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. I hate friggin thieves. They are pond scum who are to stupid to have a job so they steal from others. I hope you get the truck back up and running like it was. Good luck and if you happen to find the lowlife, smack him once for me....

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Post some before and after pics. Maybe toss in a gps in the truck.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah the unfortunate fact for older cars is that they are easier to steal, especially older Ford Trucks.

In Tx, Ford Trucks get stolen and sent straight to Mexico where they are used for human trafficking.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That sucks. Glad you got the truck back. Hopefully they catch the douchebags who did it :/

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
At least you got it back. Better than gone forever. Criminals suck.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Sorry dude. They'll catch them. Those folks are going to keep on until caught.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to hear that. Definitely install surveillance feeding something on your local network and the cloud.

It's really is amazing what people will steal. I actually had someone steal some broken, plastic statues at the bottom of my stairs. They did me a favor, but what worthless items to steal and risk being caught.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Gents
Thanks for all the kind words. Truck should be out of the body shop by Tuesday.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Glad you got the truck back and it wasn't totally trashed. What steps are you taking to prevent a repeat? I suppose a garage is out of the question?

Around here the thieves aren't as bold to take many vehicles. Of the 4 or so stolen here last year (town of 12,000), most had been unlocked with the keys in them.

OTOH it works well when you want to get rid of something. Put a couple of old tires out with the "free" sign and they sit with no takers. Change the sign to "$300 or best offer" and they're stolen in minutes.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
KenM,
Garage already contains two newer vehicles, and the truck is too long to fit.
I never leave vehicles unlocked or keys in them, as evidenced by broken window.
Next steps:
1) Install a kill switch, I have done that on other vehicles a while back as well as look into GPS/carjack type system.
2) Install video surveillance of driveway and add more/brighter motion sensitive lights.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Man that sucks sorry to hear. I hope you didn't have to spend too much. Up's to your cool wife!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to hear that your aggravation is soon going to be over.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis