Costco TCL Roku 65, $699

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
just saw the tv today at costco. intrigued

i looked at the specs and says hdr but couldnt find anything saying hdr10?

wondering if anyone else seen this tv and can confirm more details

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
What do you think a $699 , 65" display yeild as to performance?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
What do you think a $699 , 65" display yeild as to performance?
well my question was to people who might know something about this display.

but thank you for keeping this thread at the top if contributing nothing else at all.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
well my question was to people who might know something about this display.

but thank you for keeping this thread at the top if contributing nothing else at all.
Didn't mean to disparage a display, just wanted to point out that spec on that display wouldn't be note worthy. Without measurements it's hard to say the HDR specs are accurate even if it said so. Remember even if it's noted, doesn't mean it is to spec. At the price vs size, I'd say it's a good non primary display. If your concern is accuracy, I'd say with confidence that this display isn't what you want.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
ok but specs on costo.com dont say anything. is it edge lit? hdr10? anyone know? costco always has good deals for the money.

F

Foxrox

Junior Audioholic
I just bought a new 4K TV, so I’ve done a lot of research recently. I don’t have personal experience with TCL, but I can share general conclusions from my research.

The main selling points of the brand are low price and great user interface for the smart features. They review well in general, and often take the prize for “best budget model”. The picture quality is on par with the lowest tier panels from all the major brands. It’s not bad, but won’t have the brightest colors, deepest blacks, or most accurate colors. Most viewers in most environments will not see anything wrong with it.

I’m no expert, but I don’t believe there is any “certification” for HDR10. HDR10 is in the signal or it isn’t, and the TV can process it or it can’t - much like audio codecs. The quality of the HDR10 picture will vary from panel to panel. I don’t think I came across a single 4K TV that could not handle HDR10 content.

In any case, don’t take my word for it! Try this.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/s-series-4k-2017-s405

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis