M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I get the sense from many American posters here, that you are somehow carrying an extra-heavy burden of stupid people. I can offer assurance that you are not unique.
Canadians End Up In ICU After Attending “Covid Party” (forbes.com)

Most Canadians consider Alberta to be the "Texas of Canada"....so there's that to consider, I suppose.
And, here's some stupid from the land down under:

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Get the Vax or don't, got one; why care about those that didn't? If you are that afraid of the un vaccinated then why do you trust it to begin with? Only people making this political are ignorant; whether vaccinated or not...hello media, goodbye neighbor/friends/family...ridiculous. btw I still love my denon dvd 2900 as much today (if not more) then when I bought it for $28 4 yrs ago (only piece of equipment I still own from that setup) cds/dvd audio/sacd are all played flawless imho.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Get the Vax or don't, got one; why care about those that didn't?
For one thing, the rest of us are expected to pay for the idiots.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Get the Vax or don't, got one; why care about those that didn't? If you are that afraid of the un vaccinated then why do you trust it to begin with? Only people making this political are ignorant; whether vaccinated or not...hello media, goodbye neighbor/friends/family...ridiculous. btw I still love my denon dvd 2900 as much today (if not more) then when I bought it for $28 4 yrs ago (only piece of equipment I still own from that setup) cds/dvd audio/sacd are all played flawless imho.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And for the record I don't think that not getting the vaccine is very smart. I mean look at the number of people who are in the hospital versus who isn't. The amount of unvaccinated is alarming. BUT

Maybe it's the mental health nurse side of me I really don't think shaming or calling people idiots etc etc is really going to go about getting compliance. I don't think in the course of human history that's worked out very well. Sure never works on my units.

I just see a lot more benefit in trying to study and understand why they are not getting vaccinated. And seeing if any solutions can come from there.

I really appreciate Russ's research and time he spent on that article.

The last 2 days I've been perusing this thread looking for good info from TLS Guy and Swerd and it's just page after page of how stupid these people are lately

I mean I feel you guys man I hate having to mask 24 hours literally both at work and at home when my parents come to stay. I hate having to make all these sacrifices because I work in high risk. There's a lot of events and things I can't do and haven't done for almost a year and a half now because my job makes me very high risk. But just getting pissed off or demonizing people is really going to do nothing. If anything it's going to make the pushback from them even worse

Look if you guys are just venting then let me be the first to apologize. Im frustrated too and Im not trying to lecture people on this thread that I see as good people just frustrated at this situation

But maybe we should start a thread about how stupid the unvaccinated are so we can leave this thread open to news from our medical members on this pandemic any new info on variants and treatments which is what this thread has been very valuable for just a humble suggestion.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And for the record I don't think that not getting the vaccine is very smart. I mean look at the number of people who are in the hospital versus who isn't. The amount of unvaccinated is alarming. BUT

Maybe it's the mental health nurse side of me I really don't think shaming or calling people idiots etc etc is really going to go about getting compliance. I don't think in the course of human history that's worked out very well. Sure never works on my units.

I just see a lot more benefit in trying to study and understand why they are not getting vaccinated. And seeing if any solutions can come from there.

I really appreciate Russ's research and time he spent on that article.

The last 2 days I've been perusing this thread looking for good info from TLS Guy and Swerd and it's just page after page of how stupid these people are lately

I mean I feel you guys man I hate having to mask 24 hours literally both at work and at home when my parents come to stay. I hate having to make all these sacrifices because I work in high risk. There's a lot of events and things I can't do and haven't done for almost a year and a half now because my job makes me very high risk. But just getting pissed off or demonizing people is really going to do nothing. If anything it's going to make the pushback from them even worse

Look if you guys are just venting then let me be the first to apologize. Im frustrated too and Im not trying to lecture people on this thread that I see as good people just frustrated at this situation

But maybe we should start a thread about how stupid the unvaccinated are so we can leave this thread open to news from our medical members on this pandemic any new info on variants and treatments which is what this thread has been very valuable for just a humble suggestion.
You do make a good point about not mocking people, but it's very frustrating to see behaviour that's so obviously...well...'unwise'. It will just drag this pandemic out longer and with far more people getting ill and dying than otherwise would. And so, I find myself venting about it here.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You do make a good point about not mocking people, but it's very frustrating to see behaviour that's so obviously...well...'unwise'. It will just drag this pandemic out longer and with far more people getting ill and dying than otherwise would. And so, I find myself venting about it here.
And their refusal to take an effective and safe vaccine also threatens me, my family and friends: An inability to get health care due to health care system overloaded with COVID patients where a treatable condition becomes fatal.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Because it's a matter of public health, and those who don't get vaccinated only keep this pandemic going on even longer and we're ALL f'ing tired of it.
Unless they self-quarantine until the threat has diminished and vaccinations have reached the point where people may become infected, but the only ones the un-vaccinated may expose to the virus have sufficient immunity that it no longer poses a risk of mass infection. I don't expect people to do that.

Imagine if this was a plague epidemic- those went on for much longer periods of time, killed far more people and the deaths were gruesome.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I know two people who are involved in talk-therapy mental health. They say, you have to spend a long time – years – getting their patients to trust them, before any real therapy can begin. Much like you've said, that can't happen if they call their patients idiots.

But there's a big difference between mental health disease and infectious virus disease. One is highly contagious and the other isn't. If a mental health patient is a danger to himself or herself, other family members probably will be affected, but they won't develop the same mental illness. With Covid-19, one infected person can easily infect and even kill others.

The other major difference between mental and infectious diseases, is that vaccines are an easy, inexpensive, and fast way to solve the problem. If only there were vaccines for mental illnesses.
That's probably because there is little scientific or medical news to talk about. The vaccines are really good. The reasons for getting vaccinated are really good. And yet, people are in denial.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
And their refusal to take an effective and safe vaccine also threatens me, my family and friends: An inability to get health care due to health care system overloaded with COVID patients where a treatable condition becomes fatal.
Why should we care if the unvaccinated remain so?

1) It's because we trust the vaccines that we want everyone who can be vaccinated to get vaccinated. Just because I'm vaccinated doesn't mean I shouldn't care about being infected. It would mean having to self-isolate for several days (weeks?), whether symptomatic or not. And, there is always the potential for a serious illness (although much reduced)
2) The unvaccinated form a pool of people with a higher potential* to spread the virus, as well as incubate new strains that could possible defeat the existing vaccines.
3) There are many people in our societies who cannot be vaccinated, either for age or medical reasons. Maximizing the number of vaccinated people helps to protect those who cannot be vaccinated.
4) The unvaccinated comprise the bulk of infected people filling hospital beds and ICU's. This imposes costs on health care systems that could have been avoided. Beds occupied by COVID patients are also denying them to people who also need them.
A man died after he couldn't get a cardiac ICU bed in 43 U.S. hospitals due to pandemic, family says | CTV News
I'm not suggesting that we kick out unvaccinated COVID patients, but we could reduce the stress on hospitals if more people were vaccinated.

This should not have to be repeatedly spelled out...but here we are.

*To be clear, vaccinated people can spread the virus and/or foster new strains. However, it is much less likely than with the unvaccinated.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Both my brothers are utter fuckups. No amount of pleading, incentives, better alternatives presented, have ever enticed them to make a decision that wasn't short term and self serving.

Like them, and so many others: I care and want the best for them. I can't want it more than they want it and when all other options are expended I think we, as a society, need to draw a line and let them know they are not to cross it. If it's shunning, if it's berating, chiding, condescending, and that's the responsible persons only avenue that the dumbfuckery is leaving us with.

I'll take it.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Both my brothers are utter fuckups. No amount of pleading, incentives, better alternatives presented, have ever enticed them to make a decision that wasn't short term and self serving.

Like them, and so many others: I care and want the best for them. I can't want it more than they want it and when all other options are expended I think we, as a society, need to draw a line and let them know they are not to cross it. If it's shunning, if it's berating, chiding, condescending, and that's the responsible persons only avenue that the dumbfuckery is leaving us with.

I'll take it.
Fair enough it was just a suggestion.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I know two people who are involved in talk-therapy mental health. They say, you have to spend a long time – years – getting their patients to trust them, before any real therapy can begin. Much like you've said, that can't happen if they call their patients idiots.

But there's a big difference between mental health disease and infectious virus disease. One is highly contagious and the other isn't. If a mental health patient is a danger to himself or herself, other family members probably will be affected, but they won't develop the same mental illness. With Covid-19, one infected person can easily infect and even kill others.

The other major difference between mental and infectious diseases, is that vaccines are an easy, inexpensive, and fast way to solve the problem. If only there were vaccines for mental illnesses.
That's probably because there is little scientific or medical news to talk about. The vaccines are really good. The reasons for getting vaccinated are really good. And yet, people are in denial.
Eh I get it Im just skeptical of the whole weve had enough of your sh$t so this is what your going to do kindoff approach. Well just have to see if it works though that's the collective mind set it seems ( not just on this thread) but in society in general but moving along then

Swerd there was mention a couple of pages ago about new possible variants developing in other countries. Someone said they may be more resistant to the vaccines it hadn't been confirmed yet have you heard anything about this?

Also what is your take on poor underdeveloped countries and there ability to vaccinate? Do we know how that is coming along?

I can't help but wonder about the irony of vaccinating completely if some super strain just builds somewhere halfway across the world and becomes dominant I'm starting to wonder if Covid may end up like the flu and come in waves from now on.

I'm not advocating not vaccinating. I'm concerned more about Covid literally having millions upon million of test subjects out there in the world to let it replicate unchecked and mutate into anything it could evolve into.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Eh I get it Im just skeptical of the whole weve had enough of your sh$t so this is what your going to do kindoff approach. Well just have to see if it works though that's the collective mind set it seems ( not just on this thread) but in society in general but moving along then

Swerd there was mention a couple of pages ago about new possible variants developing in other countries. Someone said they may be more resistant to the vaccines it hadn't been confirmed yet have you heard anything about this?

Also what is your take on poor underdeveloped countries and there ability to vaccinate? Do we know how that is coming along?

I can't help but wonder about the irony of vaccinating completely if some super strain just builds somewhere halfway across the world and becomes dominant I'm starting to wonder if Covid may end up like the flu and come in waves from now on.

I'm not advocating not vaccinating. I'm concerned more about Covid literally having millions upon million of test subjects out there in the world to let it replicate unchecked and mutate into anything it could evolve into.
I'm not saying this to be superficial but sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself come to think of it that's the situation we have going on over here. Oh man FML :rolleyes:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I would think it is much more than unwise. It is outright dangerous to society as a whole.
What is unwise is working on live electric circuits, I do that from time to time but it is not contagious, doesn't mutate, nor will kill others just me, perhaps. ;):D

And, yes, venting is good for the soul. No, I don't vent on a street corner as it can be dangerous. ps with all the nut jobs out there

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes indeed. We, society, don't have the luxury of such timelines to convince the antivaxxers how critical it is to cooperate by vaccinating.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis