mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Incomprehensible. Why do they(antivaxxers) get priority that causes so much collateral deaths?
That governor is beyond belief. I guess the emergency just went away yet calling up the ultra reserves.
Where are we headed?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The major issue of note that I have to report, is that phase I trials of a universal Sars mRNA vaccine have begun in Manchester UK today.

This is a universal SARS vaccine against both the spike antigens and the nucleus. It is designed to avoid vaccine escape from variants and protect against evolving novel SARS viruses. Apparently it is tailored to induce a robust T-cell response.

The vaccine is being developed by Gritstone in California. This appears to be a start up specializing in immuno therapy for cancer and infectious disease.

Andrew Clarke 63 and his wife Helen 64, received the mRNA vaccine today. They are a couple from Bolton.

In the US, we now have more deaths from Covid-19 than from the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. This despite modern medical care and ICU support. So we can now be certain the Covid-19 virus is nothing like flu, but an illness far worse. Anybody who says this is just like flu can now be proved wrong easily.

In parts of the country care is falling apart, especially Montana, Idaho and Washington. Bozeman hospital is 100% full and going to crisis care. It has been on surge for about a week. That have asked for assistance from the National Guard. Billings is not taking referrals and so small hospitals are caring for cases beyond their expertise. In the capital Helena they are sending patients that need hospital admission home, and telling family they have to provide the care. As far as I can tell the situation is similar throughout the state. When we took our granddaughter out to Montana State university a month ago, 35% of the eligible population of Montana had, had one dose of vaccine, that is now 51%. The way people were acting you would never have known there was a pandemic.

The governor has reacted by cancelling the 15 month state of emergency. At the same time he has asked retired nurses and doctors with expired licenses to return to work!

The situation is similar in Idaho, and getting dire in Washington state.

Major referral centers in Kansas I understand are no longer accepting referrals.

I guess the answer to antivaxxers now, is get immunized with a safe and effective vaccine, or get immunized the hard way! Everyone will now get exposed to Covid-19 now. It is not if, but when.

For the record my wife and I had two doses of Moderna vaccine, the last injection March 17. So we are at the six month post vaccination point.

Mayo Clinic sent me a note via the patient portal that they consider me vulnerable, which I know, and to get a booster as soon as I can.

I'm feeling quite vulnerable at the moment as I had a deep vein thrombosis in my right popliteal vein extending into the right femoral vein five weeks ago, So I am anticoagulated.

Unfortunately I developed a severe case of post radiation prostocytatitis a week later, and bled from the bladder three weeks ago, fortunately it stopped after a brief interruption of the anticoagulants. I regret to report that the prostocytatitis has had a very high misery index. I'm glad to report that it has been on improving slowly over the last 72 hours.
Hope you feel better soon, Doc.

I received a vaccine cocktail - first dose was Astra Zeneca, followed ten weeks later by a chaser of Pfizer.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Mayo Clinic sent me a note via the patient portal that they consider me vulnerable, which I know, and to get a booster as soon as I can.
I had my Pfizer booster two weeks ago at Mayo Jacksonville. But even with a booster I still take precautions and use common sense..

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
More evidence that the coronavirus is not the flu:

>>>There Were More Deaths Than Births In Alabama Last Year, A Grim First For The State

In 2020, for the first time in recorded history, more people died in Alabama than were born in the state. "Our state literally shrunk," Dr. Scott Harris, the state's top health official, said at a press briefing last week.

The state saw some 64,714 total deaths last year, Harris said, compared with about 57,641 births. Those numbers are preliminary, and officials will confirm them toward the end of this year. Alabama hasn't hit such a milestone in more than 100 years, not even during World War II, Harris noted.

The coronavirus, which is spreading in Alabama as well as much of the country, is what's behind those numbers. . . . And the 2020 milestone may not be unique for long. Alabama could see higher deaths than births again in 2021 if the state continues on its current grim trajectory.<<<

highfigh

highfigh

In the US, we now have more deaths from Covid-19 than from the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. This despite modern medical care and ICU support. So we can now be certain the Covid-19 virus is nothing like flu, but an illness far worse. Anybody who says this is just like flu can now be proved wrong easily.
The US also has more than three time the population and travel from one place in the country to another is far easier- as a percentage, COVID has killed roughly 1/3 of the number who died from the Spanish Flu, although the spread at that time would have been partially from people returning to their homes after WWI and it would have been easily spread during the war- regardless, it has generally been far easier to travel now, than in 1918-1920.

It's not 'just like the flu', but I'm not very confident that the vaccines are as effective as they say, although they do seem to limit the severity of the infection in those who have been vaccinated (which is the whole point, right?). However, seeing that people who contracted the virus & recovered, received the shot(s) afterward and were exposed to the Delta variant are having worse complications than those who weren't infected before receiving the shot(s). A friend (he's 66 years old) got the J&J shot and was infected- he said it took a long time to be 'back to normal', although he has suffered from Asthma for most of his life. I knew several people who were said to have died from COVID and most had some kind of serious medical condition before or were older than 65.

Nice job by the Mayor of San Fran, who is reported to have said “Make sure you are vaccinated because of the requirements, but don’t feel as though you have to be micromanaged about mask-wearing,” the mayor told reporters. “Like, we don’t need the fun police to come in and try and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing.” in the link below-

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's not 'just like the flu', but I'm not very confident that the vaccines are as effective as they say, although they do seem to limit the severity of the infection in those who have been vaccinated (which is the whole point, right?). However, seeing that people who contracted the virus & recovered, received the shot(s) afterward and were exposed to the Delta variant are having worse complications than those who weren't infected before receiving the shot(s). A friend (he's 66 years old) got the J&J shot and was infected- he said it took a long time to be 'back to normal', although he has suffered from Asthma for most of his life. I knew several people who were said to have died from COVID and most had some kind of serious medical condition before or were older than 65.
Not confident in the vaccines? I'll post this article again, in case you missed it.
These charts show how much more often unvaccinated Albertans are being hospitalized and dying from COVID-19 | CBC News

1632234968431.png

If those numbers don't offer some degree of confidence in the vaccines, I don't know what will.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Kind of proves the point that "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" is an asinine saying. It should read "what doesn't kill you, weakens you enough so something else can".

highfigh

highfigh

Kind of proves the point that "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" is an asinine saying. It should read "what doesn't kill you, weakens you enough so something else can".
That saying should come with qualification- "SOME things that don't kill you make you stronger".

highfigh

highfigh

Not confident in the vaccines? I'll post this article again, in case you missed it.
These charts show how much more often unvaccinated Albertans are being hospitalized and dying from COVID-19 | CBC News

View attachment 50417

If those numbers don't offer some degree of confidence in the vaccines, I don't know what will.
OK, that's fine for Albertans, but you and they aren't in the US, where many people will not get the vaccine because of the tests on their people in the past- have you heard about what was done WRT Syphilis research at the Tuskegee Institute? Look into that. Also, look at the underlying health conditions in the US, like rampant morbid obesity, Diabetes, kidney and heart diseases, effects from long-term smoking, etc. The diet of far too many people is abhorrent because of fast food being more appealing than cooking (even though most of it is total crap) and in some places, people eat at fast food places three times a day. I would be very surprised if the US data doesn't show a higher than average death rate but my reasons for distrust have to do with the back-pedaling and contradictory comments from Fauci, the FDZ, CDC, WHO and China.

I got my shots, now they say we need more.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

More evidence that the coronavirus is not the flu:

>>>There Were More Deaths Than Births In Alabama Last Year, A Grim First For The State

In 2020, for the first time in recorded history, more people died in Alabama than were born in the state. "Our state literally shrunk," Dr. Scott Harris, the state's top health official, said at a press briefing last week.

The state saw some 64,714 total deaths last year, Harris said, compared with about 57,641 births. Those numbers are preliminary, and officials will confirm them toward the end of this year. Alabama hasn't hit such a milestone in more than 100 years, not even during World War II, Harris noted.

The coronavirus, which is spreading in Alabama as well as much of the country, is what's behind those numbers. . . . And the 2020 milestone may not be unique for long. Alabama could see higher deaths than births again in 2021 if the state continues on its current grim trajectory.<<<

So, that would be reflected in the census and lose at least one US representative? :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

That saying should come with qualification- "SOME things that don't kill you make you stronger".
Like more pushups? I did 1214 in one day 30 Dec 2020 and am still here. :D Don't think I feel stronger though.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I got my shots, now they say we need more.
Yes. And flue shots recommended every year, tetanus every 10 years. And on it goes with some other boosters over time.
Don't think anyone stated one round will be the end of future boosters for this bugger.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Poll - so which vaccine did you get?
I got two shots of the Moderna vaccine. My 2nd shot was April 2nd.

Around two weeks earlier, my wife got two doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

I take some fairly strong immune-suppressing drugs to treat an auto-immune disease. Through my rheumatologist, I got a 3rd dose of the Moderna vaccine on August 31.

My wife called around and found a local pharmacy where she got a 3rd Pfizer dose. Where we live in Maryland, you can get a 3rd vaccine dose if you've older than 65, with or without underlying conditions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis