highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I really don't know this can be resolved in the American context, since the loudest voices on the issue are at polar opposites. But, casting doubt on the integrity of the electoral process is concentrated on one side, based on nothing of substance. Again, this is deflecting from the purpose of the thread. Such discussion should be elsewhere.
Bring the sides together, it can be solved. Without that, it will be a permanent impasse. Goes for the COVID disagreements, too.

jinjuku

jinjuku

People are getting their walking papers with one of the contracts that I work... Going to be interesting.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I really don't know this can be resolved in the American context, since the loudest voices on the issue are at polar opposites. But, casting doubt on the integrity of the electoral process is concentrated on one side, based on nothing of substance. Again, this is deflecting from the purpose of the thread. Such discussion should be elsewhere.
Ohhhh. Don't anyone believe it's one sided.

On the one hand you have people saying the vote is being suppressed.

On the other hand you have people saying the vote is riddled with fraud.

Evidence is scant that either of these are cardinal problems.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Ohhhh. Don't anyone believe it's one sided.

On the one hand you have people saying the vote is being suppressed.

On the other hand you have people saying the vote is riddled with fraud.

Evidence is scant that either of these are cardinal problems.
With respect to voting; one side has far more evidence than the other.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Saw that earlier today. Talk about calling people on their BS.
Perhaps they should make them swear off alcohol as well. On the other hand, that might be tantamount to asking them to renounce their religion (That's not intended to be a pot shot at anyone, it's just a lame attempt at humor)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
For those who say "Vaccinated people still get infected, so why bother taking the risk of getting the 'experimental' vaccine?", the data included in this article, as compiled by Alberta Health, pulls the rug out from under that nonsense.

Rates of hospital admission, ICU admission and death are vastly higher amongst the unvaccinated than for the fully vaccinated - for all age groups.

To those who say "It's my body, I'll take my chances on not getting vaccinated", it's not just your body that you're taking a chance on:

1) Unvaccinated people are more likely to pass the infection to others.
2) It's the unvaccinated who are flooding hospital beds and ICU's. This puts needless strain on HCW's and healthcare budgets.
3) Hospital beds filled with unvaccinated COVID patients denies them to people needing care for other conditions.
4) It's the unvaccinated who are primarily responsible for dragging this pandemic out, providing the opportunity for new strains to develop.

So, by remaining unvaccinated, you're taking chances with other peoples' health as well.

I realize that I'm preaching to the choir here, for the most part, but there are holdouts who may read this.

Please get vaccinated.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sure hope so. I'd feel a hell of a lot better if my kids were vaccinated. Not many kids at their school are wearing masks, but the principal told us when the vaccine first was available to them that all their staff had vaccinated.

That's great, but now we have a variant that is much more harmful to kids. They ALL wore masks all last year without issue.

I'm so sick of this sh!t... :mad:

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The report from the CDC last Friday concerning the 3 vaccines is somewhat interesting.

With regards to hospitalization, all 3 are effective for adults without compromised immune systems, but the Moderna vaccine seems to be slightly more effective:

>>>Among U.S. adults without immunocompromising conditions, vaccine effectiveness against COVID-19 hospitalization during March 11–August 15, 2021, was higher for the Moderna vaccine (93%) than the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine (88%) and the Janssen vaccine (71%).<<<

I'm curious why the Moderna vaccine seems to consistently have slightly better effectiveness than the Pfizer vaccine after the 120 day mark. The following suggests it might be one or more of higher mRNA content, timing of the 2nd jab, or differences in the groups:

>>>VE [vaccine effectiveness] against COVID-19 hospitalization was slightly lower for the 2-dose Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine than the Moderna vaccine, with this difference driven by a decline in VE after 120 days for the Pfizer-BioNTech but not the Moderna vaccine. The Moderna vaccine also produced higher postvaccination anti-RBD antibody levels than did the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Differences in VE between the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine might be due to higher mRNA content in the Moderna vaccine, differences in timing between doses (3 weeks for Pfizer-BioNTech versus 4 weeks for Moderna), or possible differences between groups that received each vaccine that were not accounted for in the analysis (9).<<< (emphasis added)

On the other hand, the difference is so small I'm not sure it really means much.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here is a good one from a friend except the message should have been added: business is good...

Attachments

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Poll - so which vaccine did you get? I got Moderna not by choice but because that's what the local clinic offered. I was actually a little miffed because I had to wait a little longer for the 2nd dose but that now seems to be a good thing.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Poll - so which vaccine did you get? I got Moderna not by choice but because that's what the local clinic offered. I was actually a little miffed because I had to wait a little longer for the 2nd dose but that now seems to be a good thing.
Pfizer.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Vaccine??? Who needs it? :D As the picture shows, business is good, don't vaccinate. :D:D:D

Oh, wait, I got the free Pfizer.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Moderna (2x) and Pfizer as booster.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The major issue of note that I have to report, is that phase I trials of a universal Sars mRNA vaccine have begun in Manchester UK today.

This is a universal SARS vaccine against both the spike antigens and the nucleus. It is designed to avoid vaccine escape from variants and protect against evolving novel SARS viruses. Apparently it is tailored to induce a robust T-cell response.

The vaccine is being developed by Gritstone in California. This appears to be a start up specializing in immuno therapy for cancer and infectious disease.

Andrew Clarke 63 and his wife Helen 64, received the mRNA vaccine today. They are a couple from Bolton.

In the US, we now have more deaths from Covid-19 than from the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. This despite modern medical care and ICU support. So we can now be certain the Covid-19 virus is nothing like flu, but an illness far worse. Anybody who says this is just like flu can now be proved wrong easily.

In parts of the country care is falling apart, especially Montana, Idaho and Washington. Bozeman hospital is 100% full and going to crisis care. It has been on surge for about a week. That have asked for assistance from the National Guard. Billings is not taking referrals and so small hospitals are caring for cases beyond their expertise. In the capital Helena they are sending patients that need hospital admission home, and telling family they have to provide the care. As far as I can tell the situation is similar throughout the state. When we took our granddaughter out to Montana State university a month ago, 35% of the eligible population of Montana had, had one dose of vaccine, that is now 51%. The way people were acting you would never have known there was a pandemic.

The governor has reacted by cancelling the 15 month state of emergency. At the same time he has asked retired nurses and doctors with expired licenses to return to work!

The situation is similar in Idaho, and getting dire in Washington state.

Major referral centers in Kansas I understand are no longer accepting referrals.

I guess the answer to antivaxxers now, is get immunized with a safe and effective vaccine, or get immunized the hard way! Everyone will now get exposed to Covid-19 now. It is not if, but when.

For the record my wife and I had two doses of Moderna vaccine, the last injection March 17. So we are at the six month post vaccination point.

Mayo Clinic sent me a note via the patient portal that they consider me vulnerable, which I know, and to get a booster as soon as I can.

I'm feeling quite vulnerable at the moment as I had a deep vein thrombosis in my right popliteal vein extending into the right femoral vein five weeks ago, So I am anticoagulated.

Unfortunately I developed a severe case of post radiation prostocytatitis a week later, and bled from the bladder three weeks ago, fortunately it stopped after a brief interruption of the anticoagulants. I regret to report that the prostocytatitis has had a very high misery index. I'm glad to report that it has been on improving slowly over the last 72 hours.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis