Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
From the Maryland Dept of Health: June statistics for Covid. 100% of all Covid deaths, 95% of all new cases and 93% of hospitalizations were among the non immunized. Need any more proof?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
From the Maryland Dept of Health: June statistics for Covid. 100% of all Covid deaths, 95% of all new cases and 93% of hospitalizations were among the non immunized. Need any more proof?
People who don't want and will not get vaccinated don't want proof.
Wife's lifelong friend's friend: father just got immunized, two kids are seriously ill in hospital, I think wife died and something more.
No amount of evidence is convincing to them.

Sorry to say my oldest son is not getting it, invincible as he thinks because is healthy, no underlying issues, that he will be fine. Trying to convince otherwise, not getting through. Other son is 180 from him. Had to quarantine 2 weeks before visiting and mask and all that. After vaccine on both sides, ok but masks must be worne if we went out to get groceries and everything was washed.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
"Distasteful"????

The medical profession is there to treat people, regardless of the cause of their condition and if you look around, the majority of Americans are have medical conditions that could have been avoided, yet you're choosing this vaccination as the place to draw a line. I assume it's because COVID can be transmitted from one person to others, but it's causing far fewer deaths than heart disease or cancer. They treat murderers in crowded ERs- is that less distasteful?

Treat all, or treat none- there's no choosing, based on personal opinion.
Yes, asking peoplewho atre already burned out to treat unvaccinated people who could have easily avoided COVID is distasteful to me.

You may find it pleasing or delightful. Perhaps you should go into the medical profession.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
"Distasteful"????

The medical profession is there to treat people, regardless of the cause of their condition and if you look around, the majority of Americans are have medical conditions that could have been avoided, yet you're choosing this vaccination as the place to draw a line. I assume it's because COVID can be transmitted from one person to others, but it's causing far fewer deaths than heart disease or cancer. They treat murderers in crowded ERs- is that less distasteful?

Treat all, or treat none- there's no choosing, based on personal opinion.
I agree with you in treating all covid patients, but the part about it's causing fewer deaths than cancer and heart disease well yeah that's because restrictions have been put in place to reduce covid deaths. There isn't a restriction on leading an unhealthy diet or other deaths that simply are out of control of the patient. The unvaccinated have made a conscious choice, and get this, it's often related to religious beliefs. The irony.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, asking peoplewho atre already burned out to treat unvaccinated people who could have easily avoided COVID is distasteful to me.

You may find it pleasing or delightful. Perhaps you should go into the medical profession.
I was going to respond to that post, but I decided that you, being a big boy, are able to speak for yourself. I fully understood - and agree with - what you meant.

Sure, many medical conditions can be considered "self-inflicted", but there is something different about making a deliberate choice to avoid a simple no-brainer, like the COVID vaccine.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm curious what incident in North Korea triggered this:

“By neglecting important decisions of the party in its national emergency antivirus fight in preparations for a global health crisis, officials in charge have caused a grave incident that poses a huge crisis to the safety of the nation and its people,” the KCNA reported, according to South Korean news agency Yonhap.

"The North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, has sacked several senior party officials over a “grave” coronavirus incident that had threatened public safety...."- he must be getting soft- in the past he would have had them killed, like his half-brother (poisoned by two women).

highfigh

highfigh

30 people at a party. All 24 who tested positive were not vaccinated. None of the 6 at the party who were vaccinated tested positive. I highly doubt that this was a statistical fluke.
Maybe they were a small, very exclusive clique.

highfigh

highfigh

Perhaps you should talk with the people who provide medical service and tell them that their dedication to people and their health is foolish. Tell them it's OK to pick & choose who they treat and who they turn away.

Oh, right- turning people down for treatment is what health care insurance companies do. Glad you aren't an insurance underwriter.

You might also look for the definition of the word 'compassion'.

highfigh

highfigh

I agree with you in treating all covid patients, but the part about it's causing fewer deaths than cancer and heart disease well yeah that's because restrictions have been put in place to reduce covid deaths. There isn't a restriction on leading an unhealthy diet or other deaths that simply are out of control of the patient. The unvaccinated have made a conscious choice, and get this, it's often related to religious beliefs. The irony.
OK, but if you look at the whole timeline for COVID, the death rate was still never as high as for cardiac disease and cancer and because isolation/sanitization/masks etc became more common, it would be very difficult for most people to determine the correlation. Math geeks could do it, though.

I'm not arguing that vaccination would save their lives but I have a problem with you thinking that the medical profession would turn people down.

I don't know of many religions that don't allow this, outside of Jehovah's Witnesses and possibly some extreme orthodox branches of Judaism and/or Islam. However, if someone is an adult and they make a decision that turns out to be their ending, it's part of human nature- someone tells people what to do and their response is "No, I won't".

highfigh

highfigh

I agree. If hospital staff got burned out treating folks with things that could have been prevented, we wouldn't have any hospital staff.

Now, them being burned out on COVID? That makes a lot more sense because at this point, there isn't an excuse for getting COVID unless you decided to not get vaccinated. I can see medical staff being less than thrilled to deal with these idiots. There are stories all over the place from ICU staff talking about people refusing to believe COVID is real as they lay dying on a ventilator. I can't wrap my head around that. That's gotta be rough for staff.
I know someone who was on a ventilator for ten days- before he became ill, he wasn't a big believer. That definitely changed.

Still, the average age of people who die from COVID is higher than the average age for deaths from many other causes. The guy who became a believer said the saddest part of being in the hospital was being around old people who had to die alone because their friends and relatives couldn't go to see them.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps you should talk with the people who provide medical service and tell them that their dedication to people and their health is foolish. Tell them it's OK to pick & choose who they treat and who they turn away.

Oh, right- turning people down for treatment is what health care insurance companies do. Glad you aren't an insurance underwriter.

You may want to look up the definition of the word "proportionality", i.e. you are blowing his comment well out of proportion. I haven't seen any suggestion of turning away anti-vaxx COVID patients. Where is this coming from?

If you haven't heard any health care professionals express frustration - generally with a touch of empathy - over COVID patients who avoided vaccination, you haven't been paying attention. In public statements, they tend to keep their remarks very politic. But, if you think that many don't privately rage about it, I have some swamp land that you may be interested in purchasing.

It isn't overweight heart-condition patients or drunk drivers who have been stressing hospital bed and ICU capacities over the last 12-16 months, it's been COVID patients. During the early stages, many patients could be excused for becoming infected. Even now, I would suggest that there are significant numbers who became infected through no fault of their own. However, the vast majority of current COVID patients are becoming infected because they are anti-vaccination and anti-public health measures.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Okay, here's my original post, with emphasis added to the sections discussing intesive care beds filling up and burned and fatigued out staff members:

"There is something distasteful about requiring burned out hospital staff to treat people who could have avoided getting sick by simply getting vaccinated.

You can't fix stupid, but requiring everyone else to treat it and pay for it is annoying. It's a huge waste of resources.

>>>KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated.

Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes. . . .

While over 53% of all Americans have received at least one shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most southern and northern Missouri counties are well short of 40%. One county is at just 13%. . . .

These patients are also younger than earlier in the pandemic — 60% to 65% of those in the ICU over the weekend at Mercy were under 40, according to Frederick, who noted that younger adults are much less likely to be vaccinated — and some are pregnant.

He is hiring traveling nurses and respiratory therapists to help out his fatigued staff as the rest of the country tries to leave the pandemic behind.<<<"

You took issue with the word "distasteful." Fill in the blank in the following:

"There is something _________ about requiring burned out hospital staff to treat people who could have avoided getting sick by simply getting vaccinated."

highfigh

highfigh

"There is something _________ about requiring burned out hospital staff to treat people who could have avoided getting sick by simply getting vaccinated."
I was addressing the requirement to treat people who chose to make themselves victims being distasteful, but I guess you could have added 'already burned out'- it reads differently, IMO. However, I agree that making people work harder when they're already burned out is bad and it's a good way to make people leave their profession, as well as make them more susceptible to illnesses because of the stress.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Well lets spin that another way, these doctors and nurses getting burned out from seeing in a 8 hr day none stop Monday - Friday of Chemo or radiation patients. Its not that pleasant, take it from someone that went through that for 30 visits, all during covid. . These doctors and nurses are supporting their patients. My Sister, my daughter, my cousin, my brother all in the medical field have never complained during these covid times.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well lets spin that another way, these doctors and nurses getting burned out from seeing in a 8 hr day none stop Monday - Friday of Chemo or radiation patients. Its not that pleasant, take it from someone that went through that for 30 visits, all during covid. . These doctors and nurses are supporting their patients. My Sister, my daughter, my cousin, my brother all in the medical field have never complained during these covid times.
Do you think that it makes a difference where they practice? I figure the ones in the level one trauma centers that are already crazy busy are the ones that probably have had enough.

I would also wager that the ones that got their pay cut due to hospital profits going down are also on the outs. Granted, they just need to find a place to work that gives a crap about them, but still.

There are a lot of professions in this country that don't get nearly enough credit for what they do. This is one of many, and COVID made it very apparent that a lot of jobs I didn't think of as important are MUCH more important than we think about.

We ALL need to show some damn appreciation for these people because they could decide to stop doing these necessary and important jobs.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to say my oldest son is not getting it, invincible as he thinks because is healthy, no underlying issues, that he will be fine.
There was a guy in his early 30's here in my town that though the same thing. He's dead now. COVID didn't give two sh!ts how healthy he was and that he had zero conditions.

Everyone is affected differently. Sure, COVID might not kill him, but the fact that it could kill his kidneys means it could kill him inadvertantly.

The saying "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" needs to die. The true saying is "what doesn't kill you, can weaken you to the point something mundane will kill you".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Not all the time. Most of the anti vaxers I read about and know , their reasons are political and or anti govt or lack of trust in the govt.
I wish it were that, but it's more like this

9jMKbkI[1].jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not all the time. Most of the anti vaxers I read about and know , their reasons are political and or anti govt or lack of trust in the govt.
I'm aware it's not all the time. I'm saying vs secularism it makes no sense at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis